JUST THE 2 OF US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool report.
I have also been to Port st Johns and Coffe bay in the same trip and was equally dissapointed in coffee bay.Especialy to find out that there was no mini golf course at the White Clay Caravan park.

But really cool pics and RR.

XT660R said:
Cool report.
I have also been to Port st Johns and Coffe bay in the same trip and was equally dissapointed in coffee bay.Especialy to find out that there was no mini golf course at the White Clay Caravan park.

But really cool pics and RR.

I want to go back to Coffee bay for a mo. We saw this double story hut, probably the only one in the whole of the Transkei, but it looks like these guys don't know how to build florrs, cause it collapsed and the windows became target practise for the village boys.

https://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr270/Andy_950/DSC05316.jpg

New photo hosting tried, lets ee before I continue

try again

https://s490.photobucket.com/albums/rr270/Andy_950/?action=view&current=DSC05316.jpg

Its difficult being a computer poephol

read the box

DSC05316.jpg

cool ride  :thumleft:

i love st lucia - absolutely stunning

and that fence looks just like the fence at the place we stayed last time we were in st lucia

dsc04959rb7.jpg

;D

Attachments

• stlucia.jpg
    stlucia.jpg
    61.4 KB
OK now that I've embarrased myself lets finish this ride report FFS.
Back to Port alfred, next stop Plett. For those who haven't been there recently and in keeping with the current devastation, Lookout beach is no longer there to look at!!
DSC05383.jpg

DSC05390.jpg

bobnob said:
cool ride  :thumleft:

i love st lucia - absolutely stunning

and that fence looks just like the fence at the place we stayed last time we were in st lucia

dsc04959rb7.jpg

;D

Well spotted!! St Lucia Wilds is what its called. Room 5!!! Very basic, but the best deal in town. We went out to play pool one night, and came accross two hippos feeding on the grass in the main road!!!! What an experience!!

We arrived at Plett after a really unpleasant ride from Port Alfred, the wind was HECTIC, worse than the South Eastern in CT, it was basically a head wind that would throw us around as we negotiated the bends. Very gusty and unpredictable, I soon realised that bridges were danger zones and just as well. When I saw the windsock sign at Van Stadens bridge, I slowed down to about 80km/h which probably saved my life!!
We planned to sleep in Wilderness, but after a few Bosuns at the Lookout deck and the Springboks playing the Pumas, we got ourselves some real comfort at the Milkwood Manor. They lost their swimming pool in the 2007 floods, and I loved this sign:

DSC05397.jpg

I was carrying our luggage outside the next morning and was very chffed to get a valet included in our stay!!!

DSC05396.jpg

We stopped in Knysna and met Detourer (pic not included) at the petrol station. He saw the WD stickers on the panniers and came to say howzit. Appart from EtienneNXR and    who spotted us on the trip, we didn't run into any Wilddogs on the trip, coul it be the WD's going soft on winter or is it just me? :biggrin: :biggrin:

DSC05399.jpg

Final stretch, on the one hand feeling happy to get back home and sad that the holiday was over. Off to Route 62, the Outeniqua pass was a pleasure until this guy on a trike overtook u. I really have to brush up on my cornering skills!!

DSC05401.jpg

Lunch at...

DSC05402.jpg

and off to my own bed.

What a honeymoon!!!!

Hey Andy what a cool "honeymoon" thanks for sharing  :thumleft: :thumleft: