Kaokoland – Van Zyls pass, July 2011: Invitation. Not for the faint hearted.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisMann

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Usually I am doing my Nam trips alone or with a friend who won’t be able to make it this year. If there are dogs who would like to experience this adventure of a lifetime you are welcome to join. It will be over the last 2 weeks in July. Eintlik soek ek net iemand om my bike teen Van Zyl’s te help uitstoot!

I will provide accommodation at my house in Upington and a D/C Land Cruiser with a 4 bike trailer from Upington to Swakop. The vehicle will be left in Swakop/Windhoek and can be fetched in case of emergency. I have a satphone with me.

The route will be over 6-8 days and consist of a mixture of gravel roads, sand and technical terrain through breathtaking scenery. Group can be 4 pax max.   

You need:
- Own very reliable, well maintained bike with 350km range in off road conditions. 
- Soft luggage that weighs less than 10kg fully packed.
- To be fit and able to handle your bike.
- Carry 5l of water plus 10l of extra fuel on the day we do Van Zyl’s pass.
- To pay for your own expenses.
- To have some sort of personality.

At any time anyone feels the group is not working we agree to split without hard feelings. The trip is not certain yet, I only would like to see if there is any interest. I have done a few trips already this year and have 6 other planned trips left (enduro trip in Natal, west coast crayfish diving, namib desert 4x4, 2 x hunting, Swakop family holiday ect.) so I am not sure if I can fit this one in but Nam is always on top of my list.

Will post more info if someone is interested, thanks.

Some photo’s:

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg