Killarney Motard & Adv Bike Trackday 22 Aug 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bus

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
What a day! There were loads of motards in diff shapes and sizes. Also some real plastic off road bikes, and they were fine on the tar.
Some adv bikes. I saw a dr200 djebel and a 990 Adv on the track.
Only WD's on track: Mountainboy (strom 650) and Charles/BrendaButtercup (GS 1150). Nice one guys!
What happened to the rest of the WD's??  :xxbah:
I&horse was there for a little while as well as MellowJo.
Crossed Up also made a quick appearance at the very end.
Im not sure if the 990 Adv was Captainwobble, never spoke to the man, unfortunately...

Just some cellphone pics from me. I don’t have any action pics, there was an official photographer and will post his pics when I get them.

Some of the bikes in the pits…

KTM 990 SMT ridden by a lady from KTM. 2 SXV 550’s in the background :drif:
DSC01100.jpg

Mountainboy after his 1st session… (He was lekker bewerig after going farming a little… :laughing7:)
DSC01101.jpg

Those awfully ugly SXV’s again
DSC01102.jpg

KTM 690 SM (Spy vs Spy)
DSC01103.jpg

BrendaButtercup’s (Charles’) 1150. Respect to you, sir!!!!
DSC01108.jpg

KTM 990 SM with gutted pipes… You should a heard this thing going round the track… I want one…
DSC01111.jpg

The pit area
DSC01104.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

Lynton Di Meola, one of the fastest okes out there with #34 Clinton Lottering’s (another very fast baastid) RMZ450
DSC01112.jpg

The Dizzer in the pits, complete wiff monkey-arm fur-on-the-dash… Look Mr Sinclair, no plate and no mirrors… :evil6:
DSC01105.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

Massive thanks to Chris Bosson and Rob Gortmaker for organizing this day. Also thanks to all the Killarney marshalls and medical staff.
And thanks to my mates, Lynton & Clinton, 2 regional tard racers who acted as marshalls/instructors for the day.

Oh yes, it was my first time on the short circuit... No straights for more than say 100m...

At first I just focussed on my own lines and tried to figure out where the grip was or not... Followed the instructors around and watched them closely... And then got on with things...

The road tards and race tards were split up, but later we were all riding together, so then I just started chasing some racers and learned a great deal from them.

It was such a rush!!!

And you will not believe the arm-pump you get from braking alone :eek:

I slept like a baby that night!!!

lol teen 1 degree buite..... sou jy my nie daar kry nie... onthou ek moet van doerengone kom...

motard wiele sou ding makliker gemaak het... maar aapie wat ek is... sit en slaap ek mos....

vok tog :(

Martin-DR650 said:
Why do I never know bout these day's?????? >:D

::)

Want jy kyk in jou ooglede vas... 

Die track day was vir langer as 'n week baie goed geadverteer in "Planning a Ride"

Jy sou dit baie geniet het...

lets have some motard fun days in jhb as well :bueller:

hmmmmm

is that really the best pic you have of me??

jirre - I look moer toe, but ja, what a rush. Just dont fast when doing it  :biggrin:

To my embarrassment I must admit that I did not attend. Work intervened.  :peepwall:

Hopefully I can get my fix this Sunday on a normal trackschool.

wacko said:

Mere seconds later the Monkey-Arm DRZ was dining on Husaberg 650 meat...  >:D

So much of fun!!!

Thanks for the pics, Wacko!!!

See you at Krige's soon...

Wow, anybody know if there is SM racing at Swartkops Pretoria?...Would love to treat my son! (obviously spectators)

Check on www.supermoto.co.za Im sure there is a calender of events and venues...

Some more pics courtesy of Wacko...

1. Even closer to the Berg 650

2. Me chasing No 93, trying to stay with him, learning lines, etc...

3. A racer getting some mean air...

Attachments

• IMG_5275.jpg
    IMG_5275.jpg
    66.7 KB
  • IMG_5338.jpg
    IMG_5338.jpg
    68.8 KB
  • IMG_5303.jpg
    IMG_5303.jpg
    42.1 KB