KLR 650 Tool Tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR500
Salutations everyone!

I'm planning on making a tool tube for my KLR using 50mm PVC piping. The tube fits between the frame and the engine right above the front engine mount (2 triangular shaped brackets with holes in them). You have to move the water hoses out of the way, but they're quite flexible. If you cut 2 slots in the the tube it fits securely, the triangular brackets slotting into the tube preventing it from sliding in and out. A few cable ties make it really secure, even secure enough for makeshift highway pegs (depending on how long you make the tubes). I made a trial version out of white PVC and it works really well! All of the recommended spanners and a big set of pliers fit into one half of the tube. PVC tube ends fit snugly on the ends, storing the tools inside.

I think the tube will work a treat and its so easy to make and install ie. no metal work required. Does anyone think there's a flaw in the "design" of the tube? Will it cause problems if the tube gets whacked in an off? Also, I CANNOT find black, 50mm PVC pipe anywhere (white PVC looks really naf on a black KLR!) Does anyone know where I can procure some? Thanks a lot.

Cheers

logie