KZN - Back to the Valley for some pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
It was time to get back to the Valley, and get back into the ring with the bust bone and confidence Demon. I don’t expect to knock the villain out, but I am hoping for a slow points victory.

I am not sure what the judges would say, but I think round two (today) was mine by a point or two.

The other objective was to get a shot of the sunrise over Inanda dam, and in this regard I screwed up. I consulted our honorary members Larry and Sergei, the Google Guys, and plotted a track to a spot where I was sure the sun would rise over the sea, and give us great light over the dam, but I got my angles all wrong, and the sun popped out in the middle of Matata (Inanda Mountain).

But that’s no crisis. We had great coffee – thanks to MadDog , and it gives us an excuse to go back and find another spot.  ;D

A big thanks to my Corner Man, MadDog, and Cut Man, Tinusvdb - pleasure to meet you Tinus - for coming along in the dark for the ride.

A couple of pics.

First stop on the top of a hill called Nsemlambo, where we waited for the sun, and the Door’s song, and Jim Morrison’s baritone voice, were pleasantly bouncing in my head:-

“Can you feel it now that spring has come.
And it's time to live in the scattered sun.
Waiting for the Sun (3x, pause, again slower)
Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting.... (2x)” 

20110724Valley00.jpg

20110724Valley01.jpg

From there we headed for Mtabatula, which was buzzing today as the Shembe gathering was in full cry, where Mr Badger joined us.

GabroDog admiring the view.

20110724Valley02.jpg

From the a quick stop at the Mphophoma Nzinyati which Tinus had not seen 

20110724Valley03.jpg

From there up onto Molweni and to the deserted Butler’s Farmhouse for some pics.

20110724Valley04.jpg

20110724Valley05.jpg

20110724Valley06.jpg

Thanks again to MadDog and Tinus and Mr Badger for riding with me.

I really appreciate it.  :thumleft:

Took me a while...we do not know of these things in Bloemfontein!!! :eek:

Cutman : A person responsible for preventing and treating physical damage to a fighter during the breaks between rounds of a full contact match such as a boxing, kickboxing or a mixed martial arts bout.

Corrnerman: A combat sports term for a coach or team mate assisting a fighter during the length of a bout

tinusvdb said:

Cutman : A person responsible for preventing and treating physical damage to a fighter during the breaks between rounds of a full contact match such as a boxing, kickboxing or a mixed martial arts bout.

Corrnerman: A combat sports term for a coach or team mate assisting a fighter during the length of a bout

Well I am pleased, as a cutman, you had no cuts to fix in my bout with the Bust-Bone demon !!

Great pics Tinus. That pic with the cactus-thingy is awesome !! - and thanks for coming along.

Let's do it again !  

GundaGunda said:
tinusvdb said:

Well I am pleased, as a cutman, you had no cuts to fix in my bout with the Bust-Bone demon !!

Great pics Tinus. That pic with the cactus-thingy is awesome !! - and thanks for coming along.

Let's do it again !  

Anytime !!

Lekker ride and pics. Gunda - glad to see you back in the saddle going where you enjoy going, and the coffee stops still a feature.

Nice ride and pics guys  :thumleft:

BabyBeemer said:
. . . . - glad to see you back in the saddle going where you enjoy going. . . . .

Thanx T.

Still nervous on the gravelly descents. . . .  But then I never liked them much before my tumble. 

BabyBeemer said:
. . . . . . . .  and the coffee stops still a feature.

You don't mess with tradition . . . . ;D

Better pic of the dam

IMG_1420.jpg

and here is another one of MadDog]

IMG_1426.jpg

Thanks guys for the ride and the awesome company. Thanks GG for allowing me to be in your corner, so to speak.

Tinus, was great to meet you and those are some really great pics. Jeff, great to see you and ride with you again, thanks so much for showing us the viewpoint from the farm :)

I've got a long night ahead of me going through the few thousand pics the go-pro took on the ride but there seem to be a few good ones in there ;)

Yoh  :eek: ... yeh fellas in Kzn certainly know how to fish out the spots
with the most awesome views!!!!  :drif:

CroftsMan said:
Yoh  :eek: ... yeh fellas in Kzn certainly know how to fish out the spots
with the most awesome views!!!!  :drif:

That's 'cos KZN HAS so many spots with awesome views. . . . . .  :D

Pump sorted.

Headlight issue

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=74127.0

Should get it back today though. Traffic is a bitch!

Thanks for a lekker morning guys.

Good to see everyone. Going through the Shembe village was an eye opener.

Maddog....... That path has potential so when we do that recce lets have a look at it again.

Attachments

• IMG_3004.JPG
    IMG_3004.JPG
    70.6 KB
  • IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    82.5 KB
  • IMG_2965.JPG
    IMG_2965.JPG
    88.9 KB
  • IMG_2977.JPG
    IMG_2977.JPG
    120.8 KB
Last two of in the Shembe village......................No shoes allowed

Attachments

• IMG_2926.JPG
    IMG_2926.JPG
    81 KB
  • IMG_2927.JPG
    IMG_2927.JPG
    89 KB
Tinus , You need to enter that sunrise pic in the monthly Wilddog Comp.

Very lekker pic.

Your camera takes great pics..... Hahahahahaha only joking.......It is the camera man.