KZN South New Years Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EssBee

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Riders; Noble Steed, Husky, Essbee.

The Route: Meeting at Scottburgh, heading inland to Dududu, then off to the the mighty Umkamaasi river. Following the river for some distance, then climbing out of the river valley up a spectacular pass onto the high ground where we split, Husky and I heading back sort of west and north, Noble Steed heading south.

Attachments

• Dududu.JPG
    Dududu.JPG
    181.1 KB
  • getting directions.JPG
    getting directions.JPG
    99.3 KB
Yes, it helps when one can speak fluent isi-Zulu!

Attachments

• above the river.JPG
    above the river.JPG
    191.2 KB
  • The Umkamaasi.JPG
    The Umkamaasi.JPG
    156 KB
Thanks Noble Steed for initiating this, thanks to both of you for doing all the navigational homework.

Only my second ride in KZN, all I can say is, "WOW!"

It was good meeting you guys! Thanks again.

Oh, my total distance covered was 290kms.

Attachments

• above the river 2.JPG
    above the river 2.JPG
    162.7 KB
  • above the river 3.JPG
    above the river 3.JPG
    194.7 KB
Beautiful part of the country..... would have been lovely if it wasn't so bloody hot!!

Back there tomorrow.

We've had a heck of a lot of cool weather since we arrived end Nov., I'm dreading the next two months....I'm told Jan and Feb is always hellishingly hot.

EssBee said:
We've had a heck of a lot of cool weather since we arrived end Nov., I'm dreading the next two months....I'm told Jan and Feb is always hellishingly hot.

I've noticed the cool weather since i also arrived end November.... i'm only leaving end of January so i suppose i'll feel the heat....

Any of you guys live on the Umhlanga side? Wanna have drinks?

EssBee said:

The hotter the better!  >:D

You will soon get used to the heat and the humidity.

Nice report. The Umkomaas Valley is one of my favorite areas in KZN.

EssBee, Good one. thanks for the ride and look forward to another.

Captain Slow, I live up in the Kloof area. At the moment it's so misty I can barely see across the road! It's fine, though, I hate the heat!

eish I miss Natal,  ;D espescialy the weather.

Thanks for sharing. Awsome riding country.  :thumleft:

EssBee said:
Captain Slow, I live up in the Kloof area. At the moment it's so misty I can barely see across the road! It's fine, though, I hate the heat!

Would not know where kloof is... :(

NS, I see you took the Dragon for a spin and left the donkey behind.

. . . and did you remember to take some dip-muti to treat the mangy dogs on the road?

Kumon guyz, when's the next ride...far too little Wild Dog activity in KZN! I'm dying to go explore the Inanda damm area...close enough for me to do it solo but it's MUCH more fun with others.