KZN -Sunday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevorwb

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
The weather on Sunday was spectacular.I threw the liner out my jacket and left the balaclava at home.Mr G,Zacapa,Goingnowhereslowly and myself met at the garage at sibaya.We hit the road through to the R614 going out the back of Tongaat.From there we followed the Tongaati river inland before crossing the river and then working our way back up to the R614.Nothing serious by this stage only a bit of single track and a river crossing.
We crossed straight over the R614 and onto a cane farm (Erradale) .We followed the road down into the valley and out the other side where we headed for a district road that took us to a river trail below the Glendale heights area.We followed a contoured district road heading inland again.The dust is particularly bad at this time of the year so we sat up and went slowly to avoid the dust.We jumped off the D road and followed a lesser road which took us down to a dam with a gnarly rutted hillclimb which we all managed.This bought us back up to the R614 which we crossed immediately heading up a rutted rocky path.I think this is where the "evil" side of the ride was starting to set in.After a quick smoke break we set off over Misty Ridge,Richvale farm where a rocky path turned into a struggle on or retreat.Once through we set off the forest/river section at the bottom of Beaufort farm where we joined up with the Tongaati river.We followed the sandy / low river up into the valleys beyond the roads.Here we turned and took a rutted goat path up out of the river valley.Here a bit of scrumming was needed and at the top "fitness" was discussed.We followed the ridge and descended down a rutted path into the next valley only to be back into a sandy riverbed.From there we started to make our way home as it was probably close to 14h00.We split as a group close to the Shembe hill so that the Hillcrest clan could shoot through the valley and Jules and myself could head back via upper Tongaat........Thanks to all who rode it was a great day out.Dave please post yr photos