KZN - Umlaas/Ixopo/Richmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinusvdb

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Some pics I took today, sorry about the image sizes....  ;)

IMG_4615.jpg

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4720.jpg

Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

Attachments

• map.JPG
    map.JPG
    37.1 KB
Thanks for sharing these awesome pics!!! We live in a beautiful country! Just need the politicians to realise this!!!! :ricky:

spoedvark said:
Thanks for sharing these awesome pics!!! We live in a beautiful country! Just need the politicians to realise this!!!! :ricky:

Very true, worth exploring our own country.

The people in the areas I rode in seem quite cut off from the world. They look frightened and move like 2 meters from the road when they see the bike approaching, and then when you wave, you get a smile and everything seems fine again.

When I stopped to get a photo with the lighties with the trike, they screamed and started running like hell....

Nice Tinus.............................That Umkomaas and Hella Hella valley's are really great to ride.

No invites........ :'( :ricky: :3some:

Great photos Tinus.

Every time I ride in that part of the world the opening of "Cry the Beloved Country" gets into my head. . .

"There is a lovely road that runs from Ixopo into the hills. These hills are grass-covered and rolling, and they are lovely beyond any singing of it."

So true Mr Paton, sir.

The Badger said:
Nice Tinus.............................That Umkomaas and Hella Hella valley's are really great to ride.

No invites........ :'( :ricky: :3some:

Sorry man, it is something that I had to do alone, will tell you why later...  ;D

Great pics & lovely ride
The first black & white one on the bridge is calendar quality stuff...
Thanks for sharing
:thumleft:

goingnowherequickly said:
Great pics & lovely ride
The first black & white one on the bridge is calendar quality stuff...
Thanks for sharing
:thumleft:

Thanks, appreciate the positive feedback!

[quote author=White Rhino]Best ads for the 800GS ive seen[/quote]

:laughing4:

tinusvdb said:

If you like the feathered birds, that hill in the background in this pic is one of the last nesting areas of the highly endangered blue swallow.

The bird boffins say it is most likely to be the next bird in Africa to go extinct if something is not done.

Article here:-

https://www.bcb.uwc.ac.za/envfacts/facts/swallow.htm

So what do the authorities do? Easy. They rule in favour of a land claim on the property and so now the locals can let their cattle and goats totally destroy the pristine hill. 

Kinda sad.