Late Intro ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruder

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
I have been lurking around, and posted a few times already, but seem to have neglected posting an intro. So here goes ...

Been riding bikes since age 7, mostly done off-road such as MX racing (and rallies since age 16), and lots of adventuring across the world. Thanks to my career I have had the opportunities to adventure on all continents. I have done some track racing in SA and the UK as well, but never did too well due to my weight disadvantage, thanks to family genes.

I am single (divorced), therefore spend my cash on bikes and adventuring. I work as a project manager in the group IT division of a large multinational company. What they do not realize is that they actually pay for me to visit (adventure in) many different countries. The travel agent knows by now to ensure that I get a weekend or 2 included.

My relationships with bikes only lasts marginally longer than relationships with women. I generally ride a bike 6 months to a year, and women lasts at most a weekend. Tent warmers and cooks are definitely bonuses on a trip. Seriously, I can't even cook an egg.

Besides motorcycling I also do diving (busy qualifying as Dive Master), and mountaineering. I used to do sky diving, but my life insurance provider wanted a 40% loading on my premiums so I gave up on that. Strange that they think drowning or falling off a cliff is any less dangerous.

As for bikes I currently have a Hayabusa and a KLR. In the last 12 months I had a 1200GS and a 800GS but they did not really meet my D/S requirements. The KLR seems to do a bit better. There is a also a dirty 250cc off-road hiding in a dark corner of my garage - it crawled in there whimpering after the last ride. I fell so hard on that ride that I lost a boot so well I could not find it again.

Anyway there it is. Let me know if this intro is any good - then I can copy it to matchmaker. I need more victims to tie up in the kitchen.