Leaking overflowing Carbs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Guys the following has been driving me nuts!

Set of twin Keihn CVK34's on a kawa ER5, the bike stood for some time before I got involved and when running, ran poor on low throttle openings.
So I cleaned the pilot jets properly and got her running much better.
The problem was that the float bowls o ring gasket had flattened and the carb bowls would drip fuel.

Plenty open and close and try options and eventually I got two new gaskets from Kawa and installed them...leak resolved.

But then, I found that the carbs leaked into the intake and flooded the engine, a new symptom.

So I stripped again and cleaned/inspected the needles and the seat....tried again, overflowed again.

I set up a dummy fuel tank on the bench to test it and sure as bob, when the bowls fill, the floats don't seal off properly and it leaks through into the throat of the carbs.
I cant see any damage or gunk on the needles. The seats are pressed in so have shone torch in there, cleaned with ear bud so as not to scratch them but no joy.

I will order new needles, but in the interim....any collective wisdom from the forum to solve this?

Thanks