LESOTHO - Sani Pass and Katse Dam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dankie, thank you, for the reply Hondsekierie and Anton

Excellent  :thumleft: ... Sani definitely gets the adrenaline going ... thanx for sharing your experience & pics, they are stunning !

Glad you got back safely

Rieks said:
Yep ja - when it comes to mud and ice - no no! But thanks for the motivation anyway ;) After Alfie and the Sani ride it seems i am ok now with rock and sand!  :ricky:
Stone throwing - maybe wasn't that bad for us - could have been worse and maybe we were lucky. But hell - its scary when you see the masses of kids on the hills and you dont know what coming - specially if you see them bending down ....

Nice report. Sorry to hear about the stones though. I was thrown at point blank range coming out of Lesotho near Sterkspruit. I now carry a catapult very handily placed for quick access. Hopefully returning fire will make them think twice about their idea of 'fun'.

nice rr and ride, looking forward to go there next month!!

where exactly was the stone throwing?

thanks for the info

Blackball - yep the TUIN mag did inspire me get back to some gardening once i got home  :ricky:

TKC's / Anakees - whatever - i call them dual purpose tires. Mine was fine for the trip. Just commit, pick your line ... open up, look up and go! The stone throwing is not so serious - you only need to kind of slow down as if they think you are giving them something - then speed off! It happens mostly in the small villages specially where the kids are standing on the hills at their schools. Its more serious with vehicles because they have a bigger target and they do dent / damage the vehicles. Thanks to everyone for all your nice comments ....

Thanks for all your nice comments. I would love to spend more time in Lesotho - perhaps next year.