LITHIUM BATTERY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Friend bought his bike used and it was fitted with a lithium battery , couple months down the road and the battery is not performing as it should , he replaced it with a YUASA , my motivation that it is the best battery for our bikes ( 1190 adventure )
Checking the battery charge indicator it shows full power , but when trying to start the bike , the battery seems week and that it would fail / flat battery . We were told that the battery cant be charged up with a normal charger , charger has to be specked for Lithium , Now this has me wondering if fitting a lithium in a bike that possibly weas not designed for a lithium is a good idea?
Asking why I think this , well the bikes were designed for a lead acid battery , fit one and the charging system maintains it well , to recharge a lithium , you need a different charger , so if you need a different charger how can the bikes charging system , that was designed for lead acid , work on lithium?
Just asking ? I for now wont fit a lithium , Yuasa works !

Latest posts