Live a Little

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belhammel said:
Thanks a million for the wishes.

Just one quick question - What is a Pothole? (I'm from Cape Town) ???

Tomorrow the planning starts, by booking the plane tickets, and choosing the - Song for our Trip!!!!
Eish 'Bro.... potholes get bigger as you head closer to Kimberly! :pot: Just don't hit them at full tilt... tends to bugger up your rims! (and sometimes your ego)...... Have a wonderful ride! :thumleft:

Belhammel said:
Tickets and accommodation booked!!!!!

Oi !!!!!

As jy deur PE die weskaap inkom...
Langs die Langkoof oor Joubertina....draai regs na Uniondale (Uniondalepas)....
Ou dan noord en volg dienBarandas pad tot by De Rust....daar draai jy weer regs (noord) en ry deur Meiringspoort....hier moet jy beslis stop vir n coffee-break ( klomp plekke om te stop en net op te kyk).....
Na jy deur die poort is...draai om en ry dieselfde pad terug)......

Dan Oudsthoorn toe ...vandaar dalk na die Kango Grotte...
(Boonste goed is alles teer, wat ek sou aanbeveel met iemand agterop)

Sterkte....gaan baie lekker wees

Meiringspoort en Oudtshoorn is beslis deel van die plan.

Ek hoop die weer verander vinnig, anders kom ek as Bachelor terug..........

I would do Maluti route north around Golden Gate, Oliver's hoek, Draknensberg, Underberg, down towards the cost and follow garden route down to C.T. Awesome passed with snow caps on the peaks.  :ricky:

Bags packed. Tomorrow morning at 04:00 the adventure and journey starts.

Might not sleep with all the excitement in the air

Owl House, Addo, Island Vibe Jeffreys, Angies G Spot, Oudtshoorn, Ronnies Sex Shop, Tradouws Pass, Ferry Breede, Agulhas.

Safely back home. Reports and photos to follow..............

Day 1: Cape Town - Pretoria - Clarens

On Thursday morning we got up just after 4. Grabbed our bags and headed for Cape Town International airport.
Got onto the most uncomfortable flight ever, and left a rainy Cape Town for our tand Dream bike (this will be confiremd later)

Watching the sun rise from the plane over our beautiful country, I knew this was going to be good.

Plans for the day was. Land at OR Tambo, take the Gautrain to Pretoria, collect the bike in Centurion and drive it to Clarens for the night.

The flight went quickly, and we headed for the Gautrain. I must admit this was a pleasent surprise. The trains work very effectively and are clean.
Only complaint would be that I had to carry 2 15kg bags from train to train.

Once in Centurion we got picked up and took to the bike. This part deserves a story on it's own, and that is to be continued...............

Attachments

• IMG_2802.JPG
    IMG_2802.JPG
    201.2 KB
  • IMG_2615.JPG
    IMG_2615.JPG
    265.3 KB
Sorry about your Dad. :mad:

Look fwd to the rest of your RR.

I strongly believe, as do many of us that.......

632a76ab00da308259be2dda6c4c23a0.jpg

:thumleft:  :thumleft: :thumleft:

The idea for the trip came about, one night when I was sitting with nothing to do and browsing thourgh the small's section on the forum.

I came across a bike unlike anything I have seen before. I have had some pretty nice bikes in my life, but this one made me come back to the site every hour. I was stunned.

Got in contact with the owner, and we started speaking. This is something I love about the forum. Like-minded people you can still trust.

The bike belonged to a guy named GSing on the forum. Also known as Pauli Massyn. Pauli is the owner of GPS4Africa, and not only is he one of the most passionate guys I have met, but also one of the nicest.

I wish I could go up to his shop in Pretoria everytime I needed something.

I am sure as hell going to dedicate a whole new topic to him and the service I received, but just something short here.

Elani, who is Pauli's right hand at the shop came to fetch us at the station, and took us to the shop where they had fresh muffins, rusks and some pretty damn good coffee waiting.

The bike itself was even better looking than on the photos Pauli sent me beforehand.

I found it quite funny that I wanted all the extra bits he is selling in his sho, but needed nothing, as this bike had everything imaginable.

It was time to pack the beast and head into the open air...........

Attachments

• IMG_2617.JPG
    IMG_2617.JPG
    73.1 KB
  • IMG_2619.JPG
    IMG_2619.JPG
    228.3 KB
  • IMG_2366.JPG
    IMG_2366.JPG
    163.6 KB
  • IMG_2618.JPG
    IMG_2618.JPG
    283.2 KB
Once out of the hustle and bustle that is Johannesburg, we decided to stop for a quick drink.

I couldn't wait to take some pics of the bike and have a closer look at everything.

Forgot to mention. My wife's never been on a trip of more than one day, and anything below 20 degrees is cold for her. Probably not the perfect time of year for such an adventure, but even the weather gods played along.

She loved every second. Despite looking like a scuba diver..........

Attachments

• IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    401.5 KB
  • IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    465.6 KB
My bliksem... I saw your bike at Karoo Rus in Graaff Reinet on Sunday morning!!  8)

Stopped for a quick lunch in Reitz and then headed to Clarens for the night.

Having never been in Clarens before, and hearing how beautiful it is, I couldn't wait to get there.

We were not dissapointed. No doubt one of the most beautiful places in the country. I was in love with the place as soon as we arrived.

We booked in to our accommodation at Ou Kliphuis for the night, and went wandering around town. Almost felt like we were in another country.

Just to feel normal again me, wife tried on the first pair of shoes she saw at the first shop we entered.
I also had to feel normal, so settled for a proper beer!!

Walked a little further to find a place to eat that night and boy did they deliver. Best Oxtail and veggies I've had in a while

Attachments

• IMG_2628.JPG
    IMG_2628.JPG
    495.1 KB
  • IMG_2628.JPG
    IMG_2628.JPG
    495.1 KB
  • IMG_2638.JPG
    IMG_2638.JPG
    407.2 KB
  • IMG_2628.JPG
    IMG_2628.JPG