Living the Dream Solo Around the World Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Misty mountains

Attachments

• SAM_1171.jpg
    SAM_1171.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 548
  • SAM_1172.jpg
    SAM_1172.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 565
The Australian couple and the German couple and myself at House Holland in Addis Abeba

Attachments

• SAM_1174.jpg
    SAM_1174.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 562
Barack Obam room where I slept the last night in Ethiopia

Attachments

• SAM_1179.jpg
    SAM_1179.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 561
  • SAM_1180.jpg
    SAM_1180.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 534
I had the same meal as before when I came the other way. Goat stew with the coals keeping the food hot

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 557
All one can say is WOW !!!  Great pics and writing style, thank you for taking the time and effort to do such an Awesome RR. Best of luck with future travels !  :thumleft:

gecco 162 said:
All one can say is WOW !!!  Great pics and writing style, thank you for taking the time and effort to do such an Awesome RR. Best of luck with future travels !  :thumleft:
Thanks mate that really motivates me to write more.

Hi Schalk. Long time since I've been on the forum and have only just picked up on your amazing story now. I can't believe that you're actually doing this....i'm so envious. I've only managed to read as far as Malawi and it's already got me captivated and my adventure juices flowing. As spare time becomes available so I'll continue to follow this awesome trip of yours.

Just looking at your last entry it sounds as if you are on your way back to SA...if not already here. If you're still out there travelling take care, travel safe.... and looking forward to more exciting feed back and photos. :thumleft:

wildside said:
Hi Schalk. Long time since I've been on the forum and have only just picked up on your amazing story now. I can't believe that you're actually doing this....i'm so envious. I've only managed to read as far as Malawi and it's already got me captivated and my adventure juices flowing. As spare time becomes available so I'll continue to follow this awesome trip of yours.

Just looking at your last entry it sounds as if you are on your way back to SA...if not already here. If you're still out there travelling take care, travel safe.... and looking forward to more exciting feed back and photos. :thumleft:
Hi Wildside, yes it is a long time since we spoke last. I got home last Monday after 5 months. I have done 33 000km on this trip but it is only a small part of what is still coming. Are you and your hubby doing any trips again in the near future?

Hi Schalk! Ek onthou daai stukkies skaapvleis word 'tibs' genoem, lekker nogal. Ek het so gewoond geraak aan daai suur pannekoeke (enjerra) dat ek dit later gecrave het  :imaposer: Beste koffie en daai bergreekse met diep valleie....o soooo mooi land maar hulle het n probleem met n bevolking wat baie vinnig groeie en nie werk. Wonder hoe gaan daardie prag plek lyk oor 20 jaar van nou ???

Hillman said:
Hi Schalk! Ek onthou daai stukkies skaapvleis word 'tibs' genoem, lekker nogal. Ek het so gewoond geraak aan daai suur pannekoeke (enjerra) dat ek dit later gecrave het  :imaposer: Beste koffie en daai bergreekse met diep valleie....o soooo mooi land maar hulle het n probleem met n bevolking wat baie vinnig groeie en nie werk. Wonder hoe gaan daardie prag plek lyk oor 20 jaar van nou ???
Jy so reg my maat maar soos ek vir myself gesê het voor ek weg was, ek gaan my nie meer oor die wêreld se probleme bekommer nie en konsetreer eerder nou om die beste van die res van my lewe te maak. Groete

schalk vd merwe said:
wildside said:

Hi Wildside, yes it is a long time since we spoke last. I got home last Monday after 5 months. I have done 33 000km on this trip but it is only a small part of what is still coming. Are you and your hubby doing any trips again in the near future?

Glad to hear that you are home safely. Looking forward to reading the rest of your RR. You must have had an amazing experience. I bet you can't wait to get going on your next leg of the journey.
We are planning a very tame ride in December...because of family commitments...so will only be riding from Cape Town, following the coastal route and back roads to Mossel Bay, then inland to ride down the Gamkaskloof to Die Hel, back across to Baviaanskloof and follow the coastal roads along the East coast to Hole-in-the-wall. But it will be nice to get back on the bike again...it's been a while since we've done anything really exciting.

wildside said:
schalk vd merwe said:
wildside said:

Glad to hear that you are home safely. Looking forward to reading the rest of your RR. You must have had an amazing experience. I bet you can't wait to get going on your next leg of the journey.
We are planning a very tame ride in December...because of family commitments...so will only be riding from Cape Town, following the coastal route and back roads to Mossel Bay, then inland to ride down the Gamkaskloof to Die Hel, back across to Baviaanskloof and follow the coastal roads along the East coast to Hole-in-the-wall. But it will be nice to get back on the bike again...it's been a while since we've done anything really exciting.
You right I can not wait to get going again. You must let me know when you doing that trip I might joint you on part of it. Thanks

Geluk Schalk! My trippie in Noord Namibia is daarbo kortgeknip, maar jy bly 'n inspirasie en ek gaan verseker weer so iets probeer aanpak, jy is bewys dit kan gedoen word!
Dankie vir die wonderlike fotos en RR - alles vreeslik geniet en saamgery!

Latest posts