Living the Dream Solo Around the World Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any body who is interested in my book which will be out by the end of April is welcome to e mail me at [email protected]
The book A 4 size of matt gloss paper with about 300 photos.

Attachments

• Book Cover.jpg
    Book Cover.jpg
    106.2 KB
  • #4_Malawi_A4.jpg
    #4_Malawi_A4.jpg
    375.9 KB
Lekker Dave, die bike lyk mooi. Hoe gaan dit daar in die Kaap? Moet ek vir jou 'n boek hou, jou foto is ook daar in.

What do you guys think of this photo as a possible cover for my book? The book will go to the printers next week.

Attachments

• Book Cover.jpg
    Book Cover.jpg
    106.2 KB
Hmmmmmmm.......nah........you could do better than that.....no offence intended.
You asked for an honest answer ....... :peepwall:

Let me fire up my old photoshop programme and see what we can come with . Please let me have the book cover size.,and a few good pics. Its time you stopped over at my place for a kuier . :thumleft:

Coxwain said:
Hmmmmmmm.......nah........you could do better than that.....no offence intended.
You asked for an honest answer ....... :peepwall:

Let me fire up my old photoshop programme and see what we can come with . Please let me have the book cover size.,and a few good pics. Its time you stopped over at my place for a kuier . :thumleft:
Hi Coxwain I am not offended at all and open to ideas. I was going too put a row of small photos at the bottom of the cover of the best photos of the trip. The reason why I like that photo is because the bike has all the stickers on. You got most of the photos of the RR there and I would like to use one of the genuine ones. Anybody is welcome to commend. The size is going to be 210 w x 260 H . Good luck with the design.

schalk vd merwe said:
Any body who is interested in my book which will be out by the end of April is welcome to e mail me at [email protected]
The book will consist of about 240 pages of gloss paper with about 300 photos.

Hey there Schalk I'm waiting for my no1 can't wait to see it and read your stories all over again

hedleyj said:
schalk vd merwe said:

Hey there Schalk I'm waiting for my no1 can't wait to see it and read your stories all over again
Hi hedleyj only one disappointment, they can not put numbers on the books but you can have the first one off the printing press. I will even take a photo for you where it comes off. I am very happy the way the book turned out and I include one page here of the format. Till then regards Schalk

Attachments

• Malawi Final.jpg
    Malawi Final.jpg
    375.9 KB
schalk vd merwe said:
hedleyj said:
schalk vd merwe said:

Hi hedleyj only one disappointment, they can not put numbers on the books but you can have the first one off the printing press. I will even take a photo for you where it comes off. I am very happy the way the book turned out and I include one page here of the format. Till then regards Schalk

Awesome news Schalk.

I am really impressed with the sample page. It looks even better than I expected, not to say I expected any less but this page is superb

schalk vd merwe said:
What do you guys think of this photo as a possible cover for my book? The book will go to the printers next week.

Kan nie wag nie .... ek stuur vir jou n EMail.

Tony the Boney said:
Cover looks good. Maybe a red line route, but striking!
Yes and I was thinking to put a row of small photos at the bottom of that photo but I am still open for ideas thanks Tony.

Ian in Great Brak River said:
I like that photo, its 100% real, I would highlight the Africa map outline and make it up in segments of the 5 primary African coloures: black, red, green, blue and yellow.

8)
Hi Ian, yes thanks the more ideas the better.

That looks great.

It will have pride of place on the coffee table after being read.

Looking forward to it

Have you finalized the price yet.

Latest posts