Longweekend to Verneukpan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kreef

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Ok, my gat jeuk vir 'n bietjie lang pad!

With Easter weekend coming up and no fixed plans yet (except for Friday evening), I am thinking about a 3 day ride to Verneukpan and back. Still busy looking at the route, but I will be departing from Langebaan on Saturday morning. (Will be departing at +- 10:00 - 11:00 if someone from Cape Town wants to join)

If anyone is keen to join, please let me know. This will be an adventure ride as there will be no backup vehicle or any type of formal planning. If a specific road looks nice on the way there... we take it.

From a quick glance, it looks like this might be a +- 1500km round trip. I will be traveling at reasonable speeds as I need to make my rear tire last the entire trip (please note that this does not mean slow speeds... just reasonable. )

Only planning so far:
  • putting Verneukpan on the GPS with Langebaan as a checkpoint. Distance was 765km.
  • Called Verneukpan. Conditions are apparently perfect as the pan is nice and dry. Camping is R80 p.p.p.n

So, you keen?  :mwink:

Latest posts