Looking for advice - Kayo K4 vs Basically any other 250 that is sub 40k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xerowing

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Hi, I'm hoping this is the right place to post this ? Dunno, literally got accepted today.
I'm planning (This is still on paper and in my head and ignores the fact that I have back issues, a bad knee and currently a bunch of torn ligaments in my throttle operating appendage) on getting a bit fitter and starting on Enduro riding and potentially a Rally or two in the North West next year.

I've been looking around and I've noticed that the Kayo K4, brand new, albeit with not a lot of power all things considered, seems to be a great option for me at 39k brand new.
I like thumpers and cannot lie
Is there anyone on the forum that rides one / has ridden one ?
I'm not looking at winning anything, I actually checked out an entry form and found to my shock that I now have to compete in the Seniors Class ... but I AM looking at having fun.
I used to ride fairly seriously but age / kids and the general doldrums of mid life and work managed to side track me for a bit.

I'm comparing this to other 250's and 450's that I can pick up secondhand for around the same amount and although the first response will most likely be, forget the Kayo, get a CRF or something similar, I am kind of open to suggestions at this stage as I'm on the fence about buying new vs buying well taken care of and recently serviced
I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions so thanks in advance

Latest posts