Louvain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailrider

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
I am also active on another forum like lots of guys here Iâ??m sure. Weâ??re also planning a get together in December and today I had to go see if the suggested venue is suitable.

So today at about 3 my son Andre and I took the bike to go check out the place. First up was Montagu Pass.

No matter how many times you ride this pass it remains special.

P9190010.jpg

They are busy fixing up the pass and itâ??s coming along nicely. They even painted over the Graffiti on the bridges and it looks a lot better!

P9190013.jpg

The views on a clear spring day are spectacular.

P9190008.jpg

Itâ??s nice to be able to share this with my son. Iâ??m grateful that my kids grow up here and not in the city.

P9190006.jpg

Over Montagu Pass you ride through the little hamlet Herold and then you take the N9 towards Uniondale. Exactly 37km from George you find the Louvain turnoff to your right. After the recent rains the Langkloof is green and the farm beautiful.

P9190019.jpg

Unfortunately Nico, the owner, was not available so we took photoâ??s of what we could see.

P9190014.jpg

There are lots of space, braai facilities and a swimming pool.

P9190021.jpg

P9190017.jpg

From Louvain we took the Daskop road that runs from the N9 to the Kammanassie road. The Kammanassie road runs parallel with the N9 between Oudtshoorn en Uniondale and runs along the Kammanassie mountain range and river.

Every time I ride on this road the words of the Anton Goosen song mill around in my head:

En die kammanassieberg spook geil
As hy klippe bergaf rol
En die spookmeisie van uniondale
Wat duimry en droewig sing:
â??blommetjie, gedenk aan my!â?

Today was different though. Usually we ride here during the weekend, but today was Wednesday and people were around tending to sheep and ostriches, building a life in this beautiful part of SA. 

P9190029.jpg

Micki Pistoriusâ??s Afrikaans book "Sorg" was in my thoughts today. I was born in the beautiful Garden Route, but once the Klein Karoo found a place in your heart you will always have a soft spot for it. Maybe itâ??s because it reminds me of the farm in South West Africa we donâ??t have anymoreâ?¦

P9190034.jpg

P9190038.jpg

P9190037.jpg

P9190039.jpg

It was a weekday today, but for a few hours I was free.

TR, add that to the list of places I need to go see when I come visit. :thumleft: How many days do I need to tick all the boxes on my looooong list? :scratch:

Will you sing the Anton Goosen song on our next trip? ???

Nice pictures TR.

Trailrider said:
I am also active on another forum like lots of guys here I’m sure. We’re also planning a get together in December and today I had to go see if the suggested venue is suitable.

What gettogether, when , where :eek: Can I book now ;D

letsgofishing said:
Trailrider said:
I am also active on another forum like lots of guys here Iâ??m sure. Weâ??re also planning a get together in December and today I had to go see if the suggested venue is suitable.

It's the WEG forum. Vir mense wat daarvan hou om WEG te kom!  ;D

Trailrider said:
letsgofishing said:
Trailrider said:

Weg forum, vertel meer, ek is mal oor kom, wag-wag, ek bedoel weg kom...

Is dit n ysterperdwegkom?

Nee Surf, WEG soos in die tydskrif. Interresant dat jy vra. Ek het 'n link daar geplaas na jou ride report toe (omdat dit Afrikaans is) en jy het goeie kommentaar gekry  ;D

https://forum.weg.co.za/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6284&posts=9

Trailrider said:
Nee Surf, WEG soos in die tydskrif. Interresant dat jy vra. Ek het 'n link daar geplaas na jou ride report toe (omdat dit Afrikaans is) en jy het goeie kommentaar gekry  ;D

https://forum.weg.co.za/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6284&posts=9

ja-ja, ek is n intekenaar op Weg, en ek het ook al jou bakkies daar in gesien, ;), dankie

Trailrider said:
letsgofishing said:
Trailrider said:
I am also active on another forum like lots of guys here I’m sure. We’re also planning a get together in December and today I had to go see if the suggested venue is suitable.

Sorry R - didn't mean to gate crash :-[

letsgofishing said:
Trailrider said:
letsgofishing said:
Trailrider said:

Sorry R - didn't mean to gate crash :-[

No LGF, you're welcome to join  ;D 8)

Peter Stuyvesant spent some time there once for a week or two it sounds like there is some lekka riding to be done on the farm itself also a bit of bass in the dam

Latest posts