Lowveld Dual Bike Adventure RR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Blip It!

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Just got back from LDBA this afternoon. What an awesome weekend! Hope all the dogs enjoyed. Great to meet all the dogs that attended!

I must congratulate Rieks for an awesome event! Well done, the organization was top notch!!  :thumleft:

Would love to see some photos from the Dogs that attended and also your feedback.
I know that some Dogs left for Moz today with Rieks for the LDBA Moz ride and will only be back later in the week to share their experiences. Look forward to hearing about that trip too.

Looking forwards to next years LDBA, bigger and better.................maybe Swaziland could be the venue. We already helping Rieks to find a new venue, so watch this space!!

I will post a few of my photos later, unfortunately my camera died half way through the weekend.  :xxbah:

Yes thanks it as a great ride until I stuffed my leg/knee up!! (Impact injury to the top of my Tibia shearing/spliting the Tibial Lobe.)(I thought it was torn ligaments!!)
And that just for putting my foot down!!! Next time I rather fall!! (Awaiting operation to put a plate in now and then leg brace for a few months!!!)
Anyway I am disaapointed that I am missing the Moz part of the trip as I was looking forward to that. Anyway my own fault...

But Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys and gals that helped carry me around, gave me a shoulder to hang on, bought me drinks, gave me a lift, trailered my bike etc etc!!....... Rainer, JJ, Roy, Liesel, Rieks, Derek, Colin, etc etc, too many to mention and I cant remember all the names. And thanks to Johan and Smokes who said they will try get my bike back to JHB on their bakkie or trailer on their return from Moz tomorrow.

Thanks all and Especially Thanks to Rieks for arranging such a wonderfull event and spectacular ride through the mountains etc. It was really beautiful and fun! Man I am so disapointed I missed the Swaziland and Mozambique leg - the part I was looking forward to the most! Anyway another time...

I'll be back!!!

I only have a few pics but will post anyway.

A few pics..

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    181.6 KB
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    179.4 KB
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    133.5 KB
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    146.6 KB
My favorite....  Smokes buys a small farm on a rocky hill near Badplaas!!!  :ricky:

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    201 KB
Het Smokes alweer eiendom gekoop? Eeish......... :peepwall: :pot:

Carrots said:
It was a good property to buy, an exclusive gamefarm! ;D  He paid quite dearly for it too, he put it down again about 50m further up the trail so he paid double the price!! :laughing4:

Registration and Route briefing Rieks, Jan Staal, Dipstick and Steelimage.

25i985i.jpg

The main prize.

2lu5ead.jpg

Friday afternoon ride, Greg Raath on his KTM 450 Rallye that he completed this years Dakar with.

i4fyhy.jpg

Nice Ural with sidecar on the ride.

2mpzuza.jpg

Rieks leading the Friday Ride.

m97jq0.jpg

Carrots said:
:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
Ten minste bloei die donner nie soos laas nie
:peepwall:

Hein trying to fix Dean from Zambezi Auto bike after a big off!

2iqn1i9.jpg

2je22ip.jpg

These guys had fun!

dcwnqf.jpg

Friday night Dinner. BIG PARTY!!!!! Hennie from KTM Nelspruit, the main sponsor.

16k10dt.jpg

2qaobxc.jpg

2lwsso2.jpg

Just Blip It! (me) trying out Gregs 450 Rallye for size.

35bwjfl.jpg

Dipstick flat footing the 450 Rallye!

2pob140.jpg

2crsqy1.jpg

Ek hoop julle het 'n burn-out gedoen at least?  :peepwall: :pot:

After Friday nights party, Dipstick and myself decided to gate crash some of the chalets where people went to bed to early! :mwink:
Needless to say we caught some people in compromising positions!!  :peepwall:  :pot:  :imaposer:

1p6s9f.jpg

1hdvr8.jpg

Sacana!!

2cejl74.jpg