Magoebaskloof 21-23 June 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone been up to Iron Crown? It's the big mountain just outside Heanertsberg & the highest peak in Limpopo @ 2 126m. There's apparantly a forestry service road that goes almost to the summit.

Thanks for bringing back some fond memories Quicksilver .
I grew up in Tzaneen and did my apprenticeship there in around 1969 to 1971,so needless to say that in the years before TV and all the things that keep today's kids from spending some time in the fresh open air, we spent a lot of days at the water falls. Living there ,we where obviously the show offs sliding all the dangerous falls.
Looks like time stood still there for the last 45 years, even the little bridge at the parking area on the one pic still looks exactly the same

I remember arriving there on our 50cc bikes one day ,there where 3 guys on Harleys ,some very old ex army Harleys with the biggest badest drunkest riders , all with big beards ,on them . The one guy fell over about three times and his buddys having to pick him and his bike up every time before they eventually managed to get on their way.
It was just there that I decided I will never get drunk and ride a bike ,well, I nearly kept that promise  ::)

Storie van die band.....ja dit was benoude oombelike want ek gaan mos naweke weg sonder om properly te prepair vir sulke gevalle...By Magoebaskloof Hotel, sien ek n spyker in my Heide agter band.
Besluit toe om met hom in te ry tot by Haenerstburg. Vinnige oproep na Carrots en band advies van Cocky my darem deur gesien sonder enige issues terug tot in Pretoria. Dankie daarvoor.

Attachments

• 20130622_155755.jpg
    20130622_155755.jpg
    143.4 KB
Met die uit trek van die spyker, het band stuif gebly. Dit lyk of hy knobbly skuins gepuncture het.... ;D  lucky!

Attachments

• 20130622_160214.jpg
    20130622_160214.jpg
    182.9 KB
lekker RR and pics..........Thanks  :thumleft:

Magical area, does anyone want to buy 4Ha of prime ground on a trout farm up there ;) Going cheap!!

Rooi Wolf said:
Has anyone been up to Iron Crown? It's the big mountain just outside Heanertsberg & the highest peak in Limpopo @ 2 126m. There's apparantly a forestry service road that goes almost to the summit.

Apparently? Nope Sir! Most definitely? Yes Sir! Pic taken about two weeks ago. Stunning area.

Attachments

• On top 1.jpg
    On top 1.jpg
    440.7 KB
Lekker Dean!!
Kan finally se,dat ek jou en jou  :snorting: binnekort gaan join! :ricky:
Nice one 8)

I stay in Polokwane and do a lot of photos at Debengeni Falls.

Next time i want to go there on the dirt roads to there.

We have some stunning places here to ride.  Glad you liked our area and THNX for the RR. :thumleft:

quicksilver said:
Thanx Megapix...you live in a beautiful part of the world!

problem is if you see sites like this every day it starts to get boring.  That is why we want to go to the Cape and Drakensberg areas and those guys want to come here

King Louis said:
Rooi Wolf said:

Apparently? Nope Sir! Most definitely? Yes Sir! Pic taken about two weeks ago. Stunning area.

HIJACK ON

Which route did you take to get up there?

HIJACK OFF