Mapsource/Nuvi 500 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Kuun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I am having an issue sending routes to my Nuvi 500 from Mapsource. I plotted a nice little route that I would like to ride with the bike on Saturday, but when I send it to the Nuvi, it gets corrupted somehow. It does the same with SA Streetmaps (computer and Nuvi on same edition, nl 2011.2) and T4A (also same version). Only one mapset running at a time.

The settings are the same wrt "fastest time" and "Avoidances" are disabled. I have sent the route to both the Nuvi specifically and to the SD card with the same results. Once the file is sent to the Nuvi, it has small errors and the distance, for example, will have gone from 403km on Mapsource to 453km on the Nuvi. Also, when I send the same route back to the computer, it jumps much further off and the distance will then be 875km and there will be magenta stripes all over the map- PLEASE SEE PICS BELOW.

I have also tried recalculating the route on the Nuvi but when I hit recalculate on the Nuvi, things really go way off and it finds its own route all along highways etc and nothing like my custom route.

I have done a hard reset too but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

The Original route plotted:

From%2520Mapsource%2520original.jpg

The Route after it has been sent back to Mapsource from the Nuvi:

From%2520Nuvi%2520500.jpg