Milnerton to Ladismith (Part 3. Going Home!! Added)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camelman that's excellent! :thumleft:

I usually skip video reports (bandwidth) but this is first class man! When's your next ride? :mwink: This is much better than Woema! :D

Thanks Trailrider. I'm busy taking notes on what the WD's would like in a video ride report. I think I'll start packing...

it is not easy making a good bike video on your own. its bloody hard work. WELL DONE Camel Man!!! - It is sooo great to see people making video's for ride reports tho. i initially never bothered watching / posting  video's as i was connected with telkom and had bandwidth and download speed issues. i have since moved to Europe and a whole new world has opened for me as here you have unlimited fast access and its cheap. i dont even have a tv anymore and watch everything online. this will (if not already) change in south africa and these video reports will become the norm.
so pleeeaasseee make some more - and that goes for everyone !!!

CM what video editing software are you using and how do you do the "self" in-ride shots?

I use Windows Movie Maker. I'm busy scoping out other software. But first wanted to see how video editing works, and teach myself the basics.

The self-shots I use the video camera on a tri-pod.  Its quite a mission really. You ride, see a cool shot, stop, unpack video equipment, set up the shot, turn around and ride the shot sequence, pack up, continue riding, then do the same thing 100m further. It makes a 4 hour trip a 12 hour mission.  :biggrin:

Then when you editing, you can only use about 10% of the footage. My current rate is 10min of raw footage = 1 minute of usable footage. Thats where experience comes in, I think. The better you get, the less time you spend on shots, and the faster you see great shots. I have no experience, so I'm learning, and asking questions from okes who know better!

I'm no fundi. lol. Only been trying my hand at this for about three months. This was my first try with the HD camera.

Camelman said:
I use Windows Movie Maker. I'm busy scoping out other software. But first wanted to see how video editing works, and teach myself the basics.

This is hands down the best free editing software available. Also a lot of plug-ins available for it. So search the net.

As a lifelong dedicated apple fan it pains me to admit that Movie maker is better than Apple's iMovie.

I even rank movie maker better than the Pinnacle software.

If you're looking for more professional software Adobe Premier is very good.

Exactly the same route I always take to Ladismith. Nice vid Alex, must swing past our farm next time. 17km outside Ladismith on the laingsburg road

Camelman said:
The self-shots I use the video camera on a tri-pod.  Its quite a mission really. You ride, see a cool shot, stop, unpack video equipment, set up the shot, turn around and ride the shot sequence, pack up, continue riding, then do the same thing 100m further. It makes a 4 hour trip a 12 hour mission.  :biggrin:

No I mean the in-ride self shots, where I can see your helmet etc?

Eish, sorry Trailrider!  :-[

Simple really. Just keep it in my left hand, and move it around.  ;D

That a handycam or helmet cam used in those shots?

I used the A2CK. It will survive a fall if I should go down while pulling that move over crap surface.  ;D

Your movies are GREAT. And you gave me lots of ideas. On trips I usually take a camera, handy cam and helmet cam, but rarely record video and my helmet cam has very limited battery life. :-\

cloudgazer said:
Camelman said:

This is hands down the best free editing software available. Also a lot of plug-ins available for it. So search the net.

As a lifelong dedicated apple fan it pains me to admit that Movie maker is better than Apple's iMovie.

I even rank movie maker better than the Pinnacle software.

If you're looking for more professional software Adobe Premier is very good.

My helmet cam records .mov files and Movie Maker cant use those :-\ I tried converting the files but then for some reason I loose the aspect ratio :-\ :-\

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Very very well done CM

Great TrailRider! So we can expect a Video Report soon then?  ::)

Mark Hardy! From the master himself. Thanks bru. I know nada, but I'm willing too learn!  :biggrin:

Very, very nice VRR. Watching it felt like I was on the trail with you, Boet.  :ricky:
Thanks Alex.