MINE DUMP MAYHEM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frog, normally it would just be a bad case of dust, especially as you were not wearing goggles, although there are chemicals in the sand that were used in the mining process, and your eyes are probably just more sensitive than others. If it is not getting better, you should try and rinse with some medicinal eye drops.

Looks like we missed out..will be on the next one :thumleft:..

lightning1 said:
Frog, normally it would just be a bad case of dust, especially as you were not wearing goggles, although there are chemicals in the sand that were used in the mining process, and your eyes are probably just more sensitive than others. If it is not getting better, you should try and rinse with some medicinal eye drops.
The eyedrops have been working overtime :'(

Mr Lightning1, Sir, it is great to have you in the pack.

You have brought us a whole heap of knowledge about “roads” and tracks we did not seem to know about, and a whole new “upgraded plastic” approach that, certainly for me, has stretched my riding way out of former comfort zones, and I am having a great time and have learned so much more than I ever knew before.

This morning I woke up with, among other pains, a sore back, a sore butt, sore forearms from a few “grip cramps” , a sore right hand from where it met the rocks, a sore knee and a sore right pinkie (dunno how that happened). I looked over to my desk and saw the ragged remains of a brake lever, but smiled and thought to myself what a great day it was, and thinking I must get the bike fixed without losing out on another day’s riding. 

I will say that the bar you put up for us oldies and newbies (in my case an old newbie) is sometimes a bit daunting, but I found myself amazed what these bikes, and even my little KLE with a turkey-rider on it, can do if given a chance. So don’t lower the bar – we will get up to it.

So thanks again for another great day, and sorry I had to skip the last bit (and drink) and limp home on tar without a front brake, but that was no problem – I just trundled along in the slow lane hoping no Sunday driver suddenly needed to brake in a hurry. 

A couple of pics :-   

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000001.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000002.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000003.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000004.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000005.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000006.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000007.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000008.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000009.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000010.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000011.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000012.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000014.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000015.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000017.jpg

Think I’ll make a super-hero?

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000019.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000020.jpg

MaraisburgRandLeases20090524_000021.jpg

The track is fun to eyeball in Google Earth.

Disclaimer:-

Reader undertake to use the attached track at his or her discretion. Any damage caused by rabid dogs, TLTs, drunk locals, Irate locals, falling off mine-dumps, or any other cause is to the user's account, and no dog, wild or otherwise, will be held responsble.  :biggrin:

Attachments

• Maraisburg20090524_pack_filtered.gpx
    67.4 KB
Great pics Gunda, and no need to worry - there are no plans to lower the bar at all.  :D

Hope you are back to 100% very very soon.

lightning1 said:
Great pics Gunda, and no need to worry - there are no plans to lower the bar at all.  :D

Hope you are back to 100% very very soon.

No serious damage done. Brake levers are readily available, ex-stock, and the stiffness and soreness just need a good workout at the Active Virgins.

Gotta get a squeze ball and must exercise my grip - that was where I had the most discomfort - trying to hang on to the handlebars.

But it was a humiliating tumble, caused only by faffing and indecision - Left? Right? left? right? - so I end up taking middle and it did not work  :mad:  

Frog said:
Thanks Lightning1 for an awesome day of riding. I'm feeling the consequences this morning with sore eyes (anyone else with this problem) and the the stiff muscles. Thanks to all the other dogs that contributed in making it a fun day.

Yup, my eyes were pretty sore last night - just dust and grit from an open-face helmet in my case.

(and a big 990 chucking mud at me !)

Eyeballs well and truly sandpapered. Washed them out with lots of water.

Almost better today.

Hi Lightning1

Told Puddles about the ride, I'll think she will truly enjoy it (as long as the water levels are low).

Thnxs for a great lead outing - you did a supperb job! :thumleft:

Thanks Johan, I had lots of fun. Will pm you about some more rides.

Nice one all :thumleft:

Good turn out ;)

I must say D and Hel-Bent Orange seems to be more your colour. Is the 800 gone now ? And whats up with the HP2.

Ps. So its not only me that rides different brand bikes with my BMW gear on :peepwall:

Attachments

• HEL BENT.jpg
    HEL BENT.jpg
    78.4 KB
Oh hum ... I missed the fun again  :p

It's tough when one has "family responsibilities" to take care of first

Oh well, next time  :thumleft:

Latest posts