Mistyâ??s eSKaPeâ?¦ to Breedtsnekâ?¦

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Here goes, our first ride report, one of many to follow Iâ??m sure, so I will give you the tale first and then the pics to follow to complete the story. We decided to go for an easy paced ride through Magalies to Breedtsnek, taking advantage of as many of the lovely gravel roads in between to get to our final destination. I must admit when I woke up yesterday morning at 2 am to the wonderful thunderstorm outside, I was slightly worried that we would be greeted by the mud-monster  :eek: (which Iâ??m not quite eager to meet just yet), but it was gracious and kind to us and blessed us with solid, dust free gravel roads that were a pleasure to ride.  :)

We stopped occasionally on route to take some pics and so that I could refuel on my much needed â??vodkaâ?, as you all know I desperately need at times, although my new summer jacket and gloves were such a pleasure and helped a lot in decreasing my thirst (thanks sweetie!)  :-* and made my riding experience so much better, but we still find other excuses to stop for â??vodkaâ? though! ;)

The toughest part of our ride (well for me at least) was just before we got to the top of Breedtsnek the road turned into a few s-bends all the way up and just before reaching the top I had my moment of â??gee can I do this?!â? as I was a bit tired at this point and my legs felt like jelly, but after some gentle persuasion from eSKaPe I decided itâ??s either stay where you are forever or get up there as no one else is going to do it for you!

The end result was soooo well worth it as we were confronted with an awe inspiring view down the valley to Buffelspoort Dam. We took a few moments to admire the view and to stretch our legs (yes, and have some more â??vodkaâ?). Just before we were ready to make our way down we were greeted by a fellow stranger on his  brand spanking new  KTM. He told us of a nice little road  via  Barnardsvlei that goes past Buffelspoort Dam, and we introduced him to the Wilddog forum letâ??s hope he is brave enough to join. Shortly after we thanked him, waved goodbye and were on our way down â?? it was a lot easier going down than going up I must say!  :biggrin:

We found  the little road our friend told us about, and would like to thank him, as it was such a lovely scenic route â?? the perfect ending to some great gravel travelled for the day. At this time the clock was nearing 12h00 and all eSKaPe could think of at this stage was an ice cold coke. We searched high and low and in a moment of despair vowed that if we do not get that ice cold coke before the clock strikes 12 we would then opt for an ice cold beer instead, but never fear as a coke was near (finally!) and 11h59 eSKaPe was saved by the coke, so to speak.  ;)

We then took a leisurely ride back through Magalies, stopping for lunch and a beer (it was after 12 now after all) at the Cock & Bull before taking on the final stretch homewards through Hartebeespoort Dam â?? no pics of that unfortuanetly, but I just have to say how stunning it looks this time of the year and with all the boats on the water.

All in all another satisfying day of doing what we love most!

:ricky:

First few pics as this is the only way I know how to post themâ?¦ so be patient, the rest too followâ?¦

1. Ready for action
2. The beginning of fun
3. Action Shot 1
4. Three maidens
5. Action Shot 2

Attachments

• ME0002 - The beginning of fun.JPG
    ME0002 - The beginning of fun.JPG
    115.8 KB
  • ME0001 - Ready for action.JPG
    ME0001 - Ready for action.JPG
    147.9 KB
  • ME0005 - Action Shot 2.JPG
    ME0005 - Action Shot 2.JPG
    157.9 KB
  • ME0004 - Three maidens.JPG
    ME0004 - Three maidens.JPG
    140.8 KB
  • ME0003 - Action Shot 1.JPG
    ME0003 - Action Shot 1.JPG
    135.9 KB
More pics...

6. Vodka Pit Stop 1
7. Travelling Gravel a
8. Travelling Gravel b
9. Vodka Pit Stop 2 a
10. Vodka Pit Stop 2 b

Attachments

• ME0006 - Vodka Pit Stop 1.JPG
    ME0006 - Vodka Pit Stop 1.JPG
    136.9 KB
  • ME0007 - Traveling Gravel a.JPG
    ME0007 - Traveling Gravel a.JPG
    131.7 KB
  • ME0008 - Traveling Gravel b.JPG
    ME0008 - Traveling Gravel b.JPG
    127.2 KB
  • ME0009 - Vodka Pit Stop 2 a.JPG
    ME0009 - Vodka Pit Stop 2 a.JPG
    158.3 KB
  • ME0010 - Vodka Pit Stop 2 b.JPG
    ME0010 - Vodka Pit Stop 2 b.JPG
    142.2 KB
A few more...

11. Ignorance is blissâ?¦ did you see that sign eSKaPe asked me later â?? um which sign??
12. The sign â?? haha no worries for us WDâ??s!
13. Pass up to Breedtsnek a
14. Pass up to Breedtsnek b
15. My â??geeze can I do this?!â? moment!

Attachments

• ME0011 - Ignorance is bliss.JPG
    ME0011 - Ignorance is bliss.JPG
    131.8 KB
  • ME0012 - Nah wasn't that bad at all... but we are WD's after all.JPG
    ME0012 - Nah wasn't that bad at all... but we are WD's after all.JPG
    159.9 KB
  • ME0013 - Pass up to Breedtsnek a.JPG
    ME0013 - Pass up to Breedtsnek a.JPG
    138.6 KB
  • ME0014 - Pass up to Breedtsnek b.JPG
    ME0014 - Pass up to Breedtsnek b.JPG
    125.3 KB
  • ME0015 - My geeze can I do this moment....JPG
    ME0015 - My geeze can I do this moment....JPG
    150.5 KB
Well done! Looks like a nice  :ricky:

Thanks for posting  :thumleft:

Some more...

16. Ah sooo well worth it!
17. The stunning view
18. Noble steeds resting too
19. The downward spiralâ?¦
20. Woohoo fun!

Attachments

• ME0020 - So much fun yea.JPG
    ME0020 - So much fun yea.JPG
    122 KB
  • ME0019 - The downward spiral.JPG
    ME0019 - The downward spiral.JPG
    126 KB
  • ME0018 - Our noble steeds taking a rest too.JPG
    ME0018 - Our noble steeds taking a rest too.JPG
    148.6 KB
  • ME0016 - Ah this is what made it worth it.JPG
    ME0016 - Ah this is what made it worth it.JPG
    133.5 KB
  • ME0017 - Stunning view indeed.JPG
    ME0017 - Stunning view indeed.JPG
    111.9 KB
More you ask? Of course!  :)

21. Vodka Pit Stop 3 a
22. Vodka Pit Stop 3 b
23. Vodka Pit Stop 3 c
24. eSKaPe playing a bit â?? sorry I was just too slow with the camera to catch his awesome wheelie â?? next time!
25. Playing some more

Attachments

• ME0021 - Vodka Pit Stop 3 a.JPG
    ME0021 - Vodka Pit Stop 3 a.JPG
    126 KB
  • ME0022 - Vodka Pit Stop 3 b.JPG
    ME0022 - Vodka Pit Stop 3 b.JPG
    139.8 KB
  • ME0023 - Vodka Pit Stop 3 c.JPG
    ME0023 - Vodka Pit Stop 3 c.JPG
    138.1 KB
  • ME0024 - eSKaPe playing a.JPG
    ME0024 - eSKaPe playing a.JPG
    121.8 KB
  • ME0025 - eSKaPe playing b.JPG
    ME0025 - eSKaPe playing b.JPG
    112.1 KB
Almost done...

26. The coke hunt is onâ?¦
27. â?¦ but where oh where will we find oneâ?¦
28. â?¦ hmm nope not there â?? sorry geen kontantâ?¦
29. â?¦ um no not between the flowers noâ?¦
30. â?¦ brrrâ?¦ finally â?? goes down well!

Attachments

• ME0027 - but where oh where will we find one....JPG
    ME0027 - but where oh where will we find one....JPG
    118.5 KB
  • ME0030 - ... brrr... finally, goes down well.JPG
    ME0030 - ... brrr... finally, goes down well.JPG
    146.9 KB
  • ME0029 - ... um no not between the flowers no....JPG
    ME0029 - ... um no not between the flowers no....JPG
    146.9 KB
  • ME0028 - hmm nope not here - geen kontant eish....JPG
    ME0028 - hmm nope not here - geen kontant eish....JPG
    152.2 KB
  • ME0026 - The coke hunt is on....JPG
    ME0026 - The coke hunt is on....JPG
    138.3 KB
The last ones...

31. Homewards bound a
32. Homewards bound b
33. Lunch firstâ?¦
34. and a well deserved beerâ?¦
35. The End!

Attachments

• ME0031 - Homewards bound a.JPG
    ME0031 - Homewards bound a.JPG
    141.3 KB
  • ME0032 - Homewards bound b.JPG
    ME0032 - Homewards bound b.JPG
    114.2 KB
  • ME0033 - Lunch first....JPG
    ME0033 - Lunch first....JPG
    163.7 KB
  • ME0034 - and a well deserved beer....JPG
    ME0034 - and a well deserved beer....JPG
    155.9 KB
  • ME0035 - The End.JPG
    ME0035 - The End.JPG
    150.9 KB
eishhh,,,,we're so proud of youse,,,,,

dammm that looks cool,,,,

this weekend i've been quietly and alone testing the AT after its rebirth and was riding around harties again after 3 months,,,,

wow what a feeling,,,and yesterday especially is was such a lekker great summers day,,,especially around harties

thanx for rr and pics,,,keep it up

good stuff!

Its always great to get past those  â??gee can I do this?!" moments. A great accomplishment.

Nicely put together Misty - you said it all. And well done for handling it without even a near off.

Very nice!!  :thumleft:

Shot for the invite hey  >:D >:D
Good to you out and about and taking on the bigger stuff.

I think it is time you progressed to the tougher stuff now, just say when  :biggrin:

No back wheel riding for eSKaPe :dontknow:
:ricky: :ricky:

Apologies about the invite but know you a busy man these days!

As for the back wheel - yes there were a few... but think the camera was with me most of the time

Thanks to you all for taking time in sharing in our adventure and glad you enjoyed it too!  :)

eSKaPe â?? yea Iâ??m also releaved there were no more near falls this time!! Done with that â?? haha!  :biggrin:

bmad â?? we know you are busy with other things at the moâ?¦ but always an open invite you must know!  :thumleft:

Yea sorry I was too slow to catch the back wheel on gravel, but there were plenty on the tar too â?? we know eSKaPe, a real windgat!!  ;) Because he can!  >:D

Um... oh yea bmad... the tougher stuff you say  :eek: ... WHEN I say so BRING IT ON!!  :mwink:

Well done Misty. Some advice if I may. Looking at the way you stand I think you need handlebar-risers. It would make a big difference in your riding when standing. My wife has the same bike and loves the higher bars. Wider footpegs is also a good investment. Because you stand on wider pegs your feet are more stable and thus your balance would be better. Chris.

Misty said:
Um... oh yea bmad... the tougher stuff you say  :eek: ... WHEN I say so BRING IT ON!!  :mwink:

Invite sent  :thumleft:

Thank Chris â?? and you are spot on right â?? Iâ??m going to be placing my order for the raisers and footpegs with Adventurer in December â?? just waiting for that bonus!  :biggrin: But I agree with you will make my riding experience even better!  :thumleft: