Morning Eye Opener - What a gem of a single track found

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Badger

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I have been eyeing a route for a while so Saturday arrived and Lamo had just got his brand new GSA, Mike was up from Cape town and Brendon on his 800. I decided it was the time to explore.

This track runs from east to west and it flows over hills and a few river crossings just behind Cato Ridge.

Well, it sure got our heart beating faster. The two 800's were put down a couple of times and lamo managed to toss his new GSA down a bank. Luckily the GSA is a hardy machine. I dont have pics of the falls as we were too busy and pics were the last things on our mind...I need to work on that. heeeheee

All in all a stunning ride. Every one was nice and sore afterwards.

Attachments

• Pipeline 6.jpg
    Pipeline 6.jpg
    115 KB
  • Pipeline 7.jpg
    Pipeline 7.jpg
    82.8 KB
  • Pipeline 10.jpg
    Pipeline 10.jpg
    106.8 KB
  • Pipeline 9.jpg
    Pipeline 9.jpg
    123.8 KB
  • Pipeline 11.jpg
    Pipeline 11.jpg
    131.1 KB
The second pic is where the new GSA was tossed............. Minor scratches and alls well that ends well.

Attachments

• Pipeline 12.jpg
    Pipeline 12.jpg
    98.5 KB
  • Pipeline 3.jpg
    Pipeline 3.jpg
    117.6 KB
  • Pipeline 5.jpg
    Pipeline 5.jpg
    133.4 KB
  • Pipeline 2.jpg
    Pipeline 2.jpg
    112.7 KB
  • Pipeline 4.jpg
    Pipeline 4.jpg
    106.9 KB
Hey Jeff, nice pics and looks like an awesome route.

Now I am really keen to come down and do a ride through the Valley again.

KZN sure has good riding. I really miss riding the area around Melmoth, Empangeni well actually Northern Natal.

JonW said:
Hey Jeff, nice pics and looks like an awesome route.

Now I am really keen to come down and do a ride through the Valley again.

Thanks JonW. It really is and I have an awesome round route planned so just shout when keen.

GundaGunda said:
Looks a bit hectic for ole Gunda, but Fun !

Lekka

Thanks Gunda.

Wooly Bugger said:
respect!
:thumleft:
well done!

Shot Paul. You need to come down for a ride.........

Mark Hardy said:
KZN sure has good riding. I really miss riding the area around Melmoth, Empangeni well actually Northern Natal.

+1000 Mark, I cut my teeth in Melmoth with Richard Swift and the one farmer(forget name). We also spent time between Sodwana and Kosi......Grear Riding for sure.........

Now thats my type of riding, the tech stuff, need to get back on 2 wheels soon, Is that the continuation of the pipe line ride we did a while ago?

The Badger said:
+1000 Mark, I cut my teeth in Melmoth with Richard Swift and the one farmer(forget name). We also spent time between Sodwana and Kosi......Grear Riding for sure.........

was that Haden Persavel, you may have ridden then with Skiff Wainwright ( Ride High Yamaha) and that crowd then too.

777 said:
Now thats my type of riding, the tech stuff, need to get back on 2 wheels soon, Is that the continuation of the pipe line ride we did a while ago?

Yes it is 777. just much further along towards PMB.

Missing you on the rides.  

Oh yes Mark, that farmers name from Melmoth is Haydon Percieval....What a rider.

Mark, How is Skiff doing after his off....?

We used to ride with Gary Barton up there as well.

Yip the man can ride.  :ricky: earlier this year I nearly convinced him to buy a 950  >:D

The Badger said:
Mark, How is Skiff doing after his off....?

We used to ride with Gary Barton up there as well.

Skiff is healed well...but stay off the dirt now. Sticking to the superbike thing. Getting a bit old (75 yrs) too go bashing through the KZN mountains.

[quote author=Mark Hardy
Skiff is healed well...but stay off the dirt now. Sticking to the superbike thing. Getting a bit old (75 yrs) too go bashing through the KZN mountains.
[/quote]

Good. Cheers. If you are down this way please give me a shout for a ride.

Now THAT is what I call an awesome track!  Well done.

Jeff, is that that steep single track west of iDube that you've pointed out to me?

Marnus said:
Now THAT is what I call an awesome track!  Well done.

Thanks Marnus.

EssBee said:
Jeff, is that that steep single track west of iDube that you've pointed out to me?

Hey Simon, No its not. I checked that section out and we cant get through at the bottom of the dip....... about an 10 foot drop off....Pity.
This section starts near the airfield side. Are you up for a ride this weekend??? Thinking of doing a long all day ride and covering distance. Up to Mooi river then through to KransKop then back through a hidden valley... :thumleft:

The Badger said:
[quote author=Mark Hardy

Good. Cheers. If you are down this way please give me a shout for a ride.
[/quote]

Will do  :thumleft:

No, not this weekend, we've our last dog agility event for the year on Sunday....BUT I'M ON LEAVE FROM THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: