MUD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect trip. Nice phodies too.

KALLY said:
After lunch we took the R335 to Bracefield where Jmol had to leave us and headed home as he had family commitments,
So the 4 of set off for the Suurberg Pass, the road gradually deteriorated but it was almost dry, just lovely.

main.php

“Ann’s Villa” you can hire a room there,
looks like a house out of a Agatha Christy Book​

Just after Ann’s Villa we started the climb up Suurberg Pass the road looked like it had not been used for some time but was not to technical. Once we had crested the top the view was fantastic it felt like you could see for ever.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

The road gradually improved and we began to meet a few cars along the way, This is a fantastic Pass it’s not short and took us an hour and a half to do. Will I do it again? “Yes most  definitely on my list.” Once off  the Pass it’s a short run to Addo. Where we set up camp, had a few whiskeys and talked crap, All in all a lovely day.

That was day 3 . . . . .

We stayed at Ann's Villa a couple of weeks ago and rode Zuurburg pass. It is a beautiful part of the world.

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=86469.0

Thanks, Rough Rider,
You say you stayed at Ann's Villa, what was it like?,
That sort of place appeals to the adventure in me, "Run down house in the middle of nowear" cant imagine they are very busy.

KALLY said:
Thanks, Rough Rider,
That sort of place appeals to the adventure in me, "Run down house in the middle of nowear" cant imagine they are very busy.

Maybe we have to go and have a look  :peepwall:

Thanks for taking and posting all those lovely pictures, guys! I simply have to get to the EC Bash this year!

KALLY said:
Thanks, Rough Rider,

It is actually very nice and comfortable, we were a large group and basically rented the whole house which was cool.

cool ride guys - thanks for the RR!
I am going to ride this one for sure!
Anni's Villa - makes me think of Hotel California! Careful you may not get out! >:D

The Zuurberg Inn on top of the pass would also be a nice overnight place i recon  :mwink:

KALLY said:
DAY 3​

main.php

The road gradually started to dry out and we arrived in Somerset East in time for Lunch

The house on the corner in the background was my father's house. We lived there when I was studying in PE.

Now that was a blast from the past!

Nice RR. There are some very nice back roads out there! 

Its a small world Pelco,
If I remember correctly I think it's know a Restaurant.

KALLY said:
Its a small world Pelco,
If I remember correctly I think it's know a Restaurant.

You are right Kally.  See the Kiekie - when Ou Bees & I had our trip during Easter 2011.  :mwink:

main.php

Pleco said:
KALLY said:
DAY 3​

The road gradually started to dry out and we arrived in Somerset East in time for Lunch

The house on the corner in the background was my father's house. We lived there when I was studying in PE.

Now that was a blast from the past!

Nice RR. There are some very nice back roads out there! 

Nice ride report, hopelik eendag as ek 'n oom is gaan ek ook so lekker nog kan rondrits.

Only thing I remember of summerset east from my student day was the biltong fees!

What a lekker RR  :ricky:
Please remember me next time! I would love to join you guys.

Excellent RR, thanks very much for sharing. It was fun living it along with you guys! :thumleft:

I can just imagine the comments and conversations especially after that first day in the mud, must have been fantastic.

Latest posts