My bike turned six(ty) ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
so I took her for a spin.

This morning was a dreary and rainy day and I was forced to sit around in my house and be frustrated. But luckily around 3pm the skies cleared and I jumped at the opportunity to go and give her a quick spin.  Knowing that she had 22 more kilometers to go before she hits the big six oh , I took the road out towards Redhouse station.

I have long wanted to go and photograph her on the platform at Redhouse. As it turned out she hit 60000 km as I pulled onto the platform.

sml_IMG_8127.jpg

sml_IMG_8132.jpg

sml_IMG_8136.jpg

Then I took the road to Swartkops.  Eventually , with a bit of a hunger spot gnawing at my stomach, I took the road to Bluewater bay. I stopped at the Spar and with a pie and a coke stuck into my top box I rode down to the beach where I just sat and looked at the glorious waves.  I took some photos of my bike with her reflection in a puddle and also took a photo of a very persistant beggar that would not leave me alone while I ate my pie.

sml_IMG_8138.jpg

sml_IMG_8140.jpg

sml_IMG_8143.jpg

Great photos - I give it 2 thumbs up  :thumright: :thumleft: :pot:

thanks guys

Nimmo said:
Great photos - I give it 2 thumbs up  :thumright: :thumleft: :pot:

I hear two , I hear two - do I hear three ??  bidding at two, do I hear three ?

;) ;) ;)

pistonslap said:
Nice! Now it's just run in  :thumleft:

Yep. And still in very good mechanical nick. But I think that while I need to give her a service , I am going to replace the waterpump and drive gears as well.

White Rhino said:
Very very cool. Happy Bday to her - Yours from birth?

Nope

Bought her from Geotraveller on 54802 about two months ago.

Happy birthday F650. That nice Redhouse platform pic should also go on the ADV platform/station pic thread started by another dawg: https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691433

Hando said:
pistonslap said:
Nice! Now it's just run in  :thumleft:

Yep. And still in very good mechanical nick. But I think that while I need to give her a service , I am going to replace the waterpump and drive gears as well.

Just keep your fingers out the way Thumbo :imaposer:

Mooi so Thambo  ;D

Ja , when I was younger, we did lots of "quantity" riding. The last number of years, its been more "QUALITY" riding. As we get older, I think the quality has become more important. Yesterday I went through to Lichtenburg to meet the Noord West Honne. Ja, they are mostly Boere, out there, so we spent the day talking DIE TAAL.  Anyhow the ride there and back  was just slab, but riding the old 1150GS and crusing at 160 was great. Something diffrent for me , for a change.  A ride is a ride.  I'm in PE this week. If you wanna do a ride next Saturday, just shout. Next Sunday, I am going to the "pitch & ride" with the BMW guys (BMWPE and that gang) :biggrin  :salut:

Latest posts