My First Ride Report - Alexandria - Cannon Rocks - Cape Woody Section

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Hallo gentlemen and ladies.

I am new to this forum and new to dual sport riding. To be honest, I do not even own a bike at the moment. Something I am hoping to rectify as time goes on. I have been reading the Ride reports of Trailrider on his blog https://www.trailriderreports.blogspot.com/ and He inspired me to do something simmilar. It is my dream to one day also be able to do trips like his and do ride reports of similar quality.

To that end I have started a blog where I will document my journey towards owning a motorcycle and to share the joys of riding one. The blog is still very basic and will grow as time goes on.

I have had the chance to take my brother's bike for an early morning spin a while back and I have posted a Ride report for that Trip on my blog. I was very lucky to also have an edited version of the report Published in 'The Herald'.

Feel free to go and have a look. Your comments will be appreciated.

https://www.dsadventure.wordpress.com

Nice report Hando  :thumleft:

I did that exact rout last year during the EC Bash hosted at Nduna Lodge just outside of Alex ! Really nice relaxed riding !

Thanks GlenInk

Wonder what the other dogs will think if I rock up at a bash in my cage.  That is to say if the poor cage can make it there. Ground clearance has never been great in a Corolla.  ;)

Haha.

Two hour stints is one thing , but I doubt my boet will allow me to take it away for a weekend or so.

Hando said:
Haha.

Two hour stints is one thing , but I doubt my boet will allow me to take it away for a weekend or so.

Bribe him with beer or get him to lift you to the bash, then he can join too !  :mwink:

those pics of the dunes bring back memories. I stayed at the end of the road leading out of the forest for a year. I weren't allowed a bike so I cycled to Alex on weekends. I rode horses in all the surrounding forests. I even stayed on the coast for a week survival style.

Cool report. Know I miss that place can smell them huge Yellowoods in the forest.

GlenInk said:
Hando said:
Haha.

Bribe him with beer or get him to lift you to the bash, then he can join too !  :mwink:
Lift  ? Him ?  No Way!!!! I would rather walk!

Had him lift me once on that same road that I wrote about. Let me tell you , it was no fun. We are two big blokes and I was sitting more on the luggage rack than on the seat - and he has no respect for gravel and corners. My prayer life was up to angelic standards after that trip. Never again !

Nice report. That road with the gate leads to a farm with a whole bunch of elephants wandering around. The farm roads on the interior side of the N2 are also great riding.

thanks Charlw

I wondered where that road led to.

I still want to go and do the other roads around that area. Just to get my Boet's bike to go and do it.

Very nice report! You have a very good writing style. 8)

Thank you very much.

I will accept that as compliment.  Espcially considering I am a boertjie who grew up in an afrikaans house and went to an afrikaans technical high school.  ;)

Hano...I know your boet...I had exactly the same experience with him on his KLR on the same stretch of road. I feel your emotions of sitting on the top box mount. My prayers were sent a few years back one morning after one of our note worthy brandy fuelled evenings.
My first experience as a pillion was probaly the last one ever! Your boet is fearless in the tight corners. After the second corner my "babbie" was something of the past and I had bigger problems to worry about....your boet and his red devil  >:D

LOL

Swart Baard . Ja nee , my boet is a legend.  He rides that bloody KLR like a mad man. Lives all of life with Gusto!

Welcome to the forum. See you are one ahead of me - at least you have a bike ;-)

Lovely RR, first of many i hope from you...thanks . :thumleft: :thumleft: