My First Ride / Report - Part 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bossies will put you on speed dail  ;)

Got the puncture between Gamtoos river and Thornhill on the way to Van Standens Pass.

O did I mention that Paulsky fixed my flat???? Here's the proof! what a buddy!!!! :thumleft:

Attachments

• Greg 01 030.jpg
    Greg 01 030.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 93
  • Greg 01 029.jpg
    Greg 01 029.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 92
It feels like yesterday when you asked what bike to buy and here is your first ride report!
Well done man!

husky said:
That Paulsky is a hazard. He came round the outside of me (and a few other guys) at the Alfie Cox ride on a damp (slippery to me) gravel road like I wuz standing still. It could be a steep learning curve.
Hey, you okes are the hazard, didn't you know it was a race? ;D ;D ;D
As for the learning curve, I'm so old I think I'm actually on a forgetting curve.

Paulsky, the worst of it was is that I don't think you were racing, busy fiddling with your helmet cam and looking at the scenery while disappearing into the distance. Respect.

Bakkie, nice RR!!!!

By the way..........nice bike my bru!!!!!!!!

What Maxxiss rear tyre is that, looks like a nice on/off road tyre, is it the M7000 Duelmaxx???

That Maxxis is an Enduro tire and in my opinion is a little too offroad and lightweight for a 640, you still need to get to the ride first and they are diabolical on tar, they hum like moer, rather go for the michelin Desert rear, not bad on tar and awesome off road.

Thanks Paulsky
I am using a Pirelli MT 21 at the moment, very nice tyre and gives good miles, but it got bloody expensive and I know the Maxxis are generally a little cheaper. The Pirelli MT 21 front is the best so far, nice in sand, mud and not to bad on the tar and my previous one gave 14 000km.......next time I will try the Desert.....
I am jealous, u guys have the riding Paradise there in the "OosKaap".....

Bakkies congrats....and I can assure you that you will look for every excuse to ride.......... :ricky:

Happy and safe riding.... ;D

Hey Bakkies, good one. As for getting stiff after the ride>>> now that you had a taste of what it's like, you will also get stiff before you go on the next one. Sorry girls it's a guy thing!!!

Latest posts