Namakwaland and Richtersveld Wildride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone deserves a rest now and then

dd586a92f570683931d74664ade69dab.jpg

Noneking said:
Kamanya said:

I have walked, exactly from 5:51 back to Oewerbos. Only once I got to the river, did I get a lift from one of the farmers. Still, it was 35km to the lift. My cars battery had left me stranded. It was a Loooooong day.
Flippen hel!
How long did that take you?

The whole day!

Genugtig hierdie is n baie lekker trip...
thanx vir al die mooi natuurskoon pic's, julle mag maar.verder ry.. ;)

After Marc reluctantly posed with his bike lying on its side in the sand, we were ready to ride some more sand

5a085f6865e68227770b409aefcfb03b.jpg

Make sure to stop at the Quiver Tree said Marc as I pulled off…… you couldn’t really miss it……

a8b2b0339d035d103cb21c0b30cf629c.jpg

Nice, rode this route in 2007. That whole area is a dual sport paradise. My favourite was the desert type terrain next to the Orange

Impromptu picnic overlooking the Orange river

ad56625a578e7ff7ec68a26d30c9ed0a.jpg

222d5bd5998e80e6a2e7850393824c57.jpg

Have to consider this area as amongst the finest DS riding in the world.

Between Itchy Boots and others fortunate enough to "ride along" with this inspiring RR, surely, surely we must expect a boom in the tourism industry from worldly adventure riders!!!

Fantastic photos and writing. Thanks.

Sent from my vivo 1820 using Tapatalk

TheHamster said:
Have to consider this area as amongst the finest DS riding in the world.

Between Itchy Boots and others fortunate enough to "ride along" with this inspiring RR, surely, surely we must expect a boom in the tourism industry from worldly adventure riders!!!

Fantastic photos and writing. Thanks.

Sent from my vivo 1820 using Tapatalk

I have long said that in all my riding, I consider it the finest dual sport desert riding. The Namaqua Eco trail is an epic. The views, the riding, the remoteness, the solitude and energy of the place are momentous.

Long may it be such.

Latest posts