Namaqualand route advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tok-tokkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TW200
I have a vague intention of getting to the four corners & center of South Africa.  I am looking at my options for the westerly point at Alexander Bay and would appreciate any inpot from you lot.

2392933532_52226fcb2f_o.jpg

I will most likely be by myself on a Dakar carrying a tent but intending to stay in B&B or self catering places.  I am really afraid of the sand monster - particularly as I will be by myself.  I usually aim on about 350km per day & will see how long I need to budget but 7 - 10 days is about what i am thinking of.

I would go through Koekenaap up to Garies on the bottom of the map I show. 
Next Honderklipbaai.
Then I would like to get to Soebatsfontein simply because I like the name.
It seems i can't go from Honderklipbaai to Kleinsee = closed diamond area since I could do Soebatsfontein on the way back.
Kleinsee to Port Nolloth
Good tar road up the Alexanderbaai is it not?
Then I want to cut inland.
Up to Kuboes - what is this road like?
Down to Lekersing (another nice name which I want to get to).
Should I go to Steinkopf or down to the Kleinsee/Springbok road & up to Springbok on the Spektakle Pass (not labeled here).
I want to poke around the Springbok area as i once worked there for a short while (I have been to Pofadder & in those days it was a terrible sand road +- 1967)
Then over the two passes back to the Namaqua National Park (are bikes allowed through there seeing we are not allowed in the Richtersveld?).

Any comments and advice will be appreciated.  I don't know when I am going to be able to do this trip.