Newbie .. the Deluxe Edition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rounelle

“Fools rush in where angels fear to tread” .. so what exactly am I doing here lol?!

Ok, so I’ve been lurking for nearly three weeks .. and here’s why. I’m trespassing and by rights not even supposed to be here. And in doing so I’m taking being a newb to a whole new level .. trust me. Redefining the word ‘puppy’ over here *rolls eyes*

The truth? I don’t own a bike .. I have never even been on one. To whisper ‘ I freaking wish’ at this point would be an understatement. So why a KTM 990 Adventure? ‘Cause I had to choose a bike when I registered here and during a recent visit to the Alfie Cox site this bike caught my eye so I figured at least I know what this one looks like – for what it’s worth.

I love the site, I like and respect the company here and I learn something new and interesting every day as I explore all these topics, ride reports (yummie!) and silently smile at you guys having a go at one another .. all in good spirits off course he he.

The following three quotes pretty much states my case lol …

“There are two sorts of romantics: those who love, and those who love the adventure of loving.”

“Know your limits, but never accept them.”

“Simply pushing harder within the old boundaries will not do.”

Am I wrong in saying that a decent bike is a work of art? I mean e.g. a quilt can (in another lifetime!!!) be nice. A bike can’t be nice .. ever. It combines artwork, genius, technology, mechanics, superb beauty, speed, adrenalin, adventure, freedom (to name but a few) all in one.

Please bear with me as I make my way along this journey. Hope to nevertheless make a few friends along the way.