Northwest Canal ride 28 December 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sien julle daai moegoe!! Bikeholic, daai stance ken ek fikken goed. Hy was my Korporaal in die Army en het altyd so gestaan as jy moes n blaar gaan haal!! :imaposer:

LouisXander said:

Sien julle daai moegoe!! Bikeholic, daai stance ken ek fikken goed. Hy was my Korporaal in die Army en het altyd so gestaan as jy moes n blaar gaan haal!! :imaposer:
Nou het ek darm lekker gelag... 22 jaar terug, sekere dinge vergeet mens nie.  :thumleft:

Thanks again everyone, especially DJ for organizing the ride.
I'm still convinced I can ride that KLR through that puddle. Luckily I've got plans for the 1st, so won't be able to join you and prove it. LOL

Who else had some rain on the way home? Me and Bikeholic had an interesting ride back home and my bike was almost clean when I stopped.

Titanic said:
Thanks again everyone, especially DJ for organizing the ride.
I'm still convinced I can ride that KLR through that puddle. Luckily I've got plans for the 1st, so won't be able to join you and prove it. LOL

Who else had some rain on the way home? Me and Bikeholic had an interesting ride back home and my bike was almost clean when I stopped.

KLR's love "puddles" another forum members KLR a few years ago not far from there :lol8: :lol8: sorry for 911... 8)

Rode both west and east canals today.
Still lots and lots of mud puddles on both canal routes.
My mates on their 990 and 800GS bought some land on a few places.
On the western canal a part was washed away completely and there was no jumping the gap
or going around so we had to double back, cross over the canal at a bridge and go past the wash away,
rode till we reached a tar road. Then looped around back onto the track.
I think because of this we missed the big granite slabs and tyres.

Lots of fun though.

Here's where the road is completely washed away. I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon as this part seemed seldom used.

WesternCanal_zpsfb2ff009.jpg

Larger view

WestCanal2_zps089f1918.jpg

Did you do the black sticky mud section north of Brits heading to Beestkraal? how is it?

Not sure. There was a lot of black sticky stuff but mostly in patches that you can go around.
There were some parts however that covered the whole road (this was one of times the 990 went down).
Lots of ruts as well. Keep an eye out for them.