not sure where i belong?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

immigrant

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
I am not sure if i belong in the international section or not, since i am a boertjie currently living in Canada. A few weeks ago I was sitting around at work with nothing to do browsing ADV Rider ride reports - one link turned to another and i landed on the Wilddogs. I got tears in my eyes when i saw all the "local ride reports" that you guys posted en ek het lekker verlang
I just want to get his out of the way before i continue. I did not "run away" or abandon S.A - I was offered way more money, i m young, i had nothing to lose. As soon as i reach the magic number ($$$) in my head i am packing my bags back to S.A From what i gather from this site you guys look like a lekker bunch of okes and provide a lot of good advice and information.
I am still waiting for my Super Tenere ( i killed my vstrom when i hit a deer on the last good riding day before it started snowing).
Had to put down $500 deposit without even seeing the bike ( but from what i read on WD i will not be disappointed) I value the S.A opinions a lot more than the North American opinions. In North America if it is your brand and if it is new and shiny it has to be better, if it is not your brand it is kak.  whatever the media says that is what they believe. My yamaha dealer never even heard of a Tenere in his life!!. Can't ride it now in any case - too slippery outside so I  have to stick with this - great fun and a good workout

Keep up the good work and keep the ride reports coming so i can plan all my trips for when i come home!!