Now I know what the hype is about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chunky

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I always wondered what the big thing was about the 1200 GS and the GSA. Now after my first 1000 Km on my GSA I now understand what it is all about.

The bike handle like a 50cc in traffic and it is most certainly one of the most effortless handlers I ever had. Its a dream in sweeps and twisties, although not that fast (like the GT) it is more than adequate (170 is no problem at all). I expected the bike to vibrate like the R1100 R I had back in 96, but I am very happy to report back that with road tires the little (almost none) there is around 130 is nothing to write home about. So far the fuel consumption is not bad either and I am confident that with my riding style I will easily get 550 to 650 Km per tank(33 Liter). The ESA suspension is doing it for me. The tire pressure control is something I should have had a long time ago (I wonder why it is only offered now by BMW).
I thought the hight would be a problem (I am 1,73M) as it looked very intimidating, but its no problem at all and I have a choice - one foot flat on any side or two feet with the ball of both on the ground (and the seat is the original on the low position)
By the looks of it it does look like the two of us is going to understand each other very well. :D  :D  :D