Oasis in the Cederberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston Pete

Teach Peace
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I was there last weekend camping for the first time. I did not really know you could as usually i treat the place as a food & drink stop with a passing awareness of backpacker accommodation.

Gerrit & Chantel are now developing, in the lemon orchard, some cool camping sites. You can rent a tent, pre-erected, wiv bedding for 100ronds. It's a stand up inside tent with awning etc. Dotted around are afdak paale with palm fronds for additional shade.
We chatted about what folk wanted & he is going to develop certain aspects of the sites like more convenient power points, more shade, more sophisticated braai areas etc.

We stayed over again this weekend while picking up a busted BMW1200 & i really enjoyed the camping. Lots of guina fowl, cape francolin & the two tame Spring Bokkies :drif:

He really enjoys us off road riders & is making a huge effort to make the place even more bike friendly! :thumleft:

https://www.cederbergoasis.co.za/