Oasis Spitbraai

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katana

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
As the forum was down yesterday, I don't have my pics on hand.  But gooi.  I will be looking forward to this thread the whole day!

It was absolutely awesome and very special to have had my wife riding with on the XT.  Thanks Gerhard and Chantel  :thumleft:

I will second that. Was a lekker rustige weekend meeting new people

Tanks Gerit and Chantal for the best spit braai All the food and the spit braai and the awesome pudding after was fantastic.
Oasis is looking good , and that huge swimming pool is going to be great once its finished.

I had my 10yr old daughter pillion with me ,what a success ,she loves the bike and was shouting , go through the puddles not round them and when can we stand again ,( for the sand)

We did the Padstal on the way home , its looking good,
They getting roof materials on Wednesday.

Stem! Was soos altyd baie lekker om saam met Gerhard en Chantal te kuier, uitstende gasvryheid en kos!

Lekker gelag en n' klomp nuwe mense ontmoet.

Dankie julle vir n' kwaai naweek.

Uploading my pics now. I will post in a few minutes.

Right here goes.

Myself and Rommel arrived Friday already (lifestyle of the lazy and the unemployed  :peepwall: )

And set up camp

We arrived in cold and strong wind conditions. Mof was already there.

My camp site

Rommel doing his best to get a huge tent straight and aligned. He almost got it right

One minute like this, and the next we were covered in rain clouds.

Evening was the usual (perfectly prepared) steak or ribs dinner with great company and good conversation

Goose & son also arrived during the course of the afternoon.

Saturday started cold with clouds (we had some drizzle and lots of wind during the night, but every thind dried out soon

Chantelle was on the phone non-stop as people called in to ask about the weather.

Oasis as it looked Saturday

My camp around 9 o'clock. Sunny and dried out

Rommel still fiddling with his tent.

Rudi Neethling and the bike he finihed the Amageza with

Time to start helping with the spit

While making breakfast (Kidneys & 'binnevet')

Breakfast done. Delicious

I spent the whole day at the fire, so that is where I took my pictures.

Man this looks good:

After the meat was cut, we started again...

Vaalbaas, Vaalnoi & KtmKev

White Delight & Piston Pete and their pudding tart stash

(one has to have one of each type  O0)

On the way back we stopped at Paarl de Ville  outside Durbanville and bit by bit many of the Oasis gatherers arrived for a drink or lunch

It was a great warm day and no reason to go home.

Look who was also there

Thats all folks

--------------------------

Thanks for a memorable weekend

Thx Gerhard and Chantal FOR THIS WEEK-END:

It was all worth while tackling that "strond" weather on Saturday.

The food was great (FAR TOO MUCH)
The venue (as always) was great
The company was great
The friends were great
The bikes were great
Made new great friends........ "SHIT" IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A GREAT WEEK-END......!!!!!!!!!!!

LEKKA MAN..... :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

UNTILL NEXT TIME....

rightless said:
Thx Gerhard and Chantal FOR THIS WEEK-END:

It was all worth while tackling that "strond" weather on Saturday.

The food was great (FAR TOO MUCH)
The venue (as always) was great
The company was great
The friends were great
The bikes were great
Made new great friends........ "SHIT" IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A GREAT WEEK-END......!!!!!!!!!!!

LEKKA MAN..... :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

UNTILL NEXT TIME....

Hey bra - so you made it home    8) 8)

How did you guys get the throttle cable fixed?

Heimer

Yes, I would have probably still be standing there if it wasn't for Sidestand and my Boet or anyone else for that matter helping there.

Was quite a mission but they did a great job by clearing extra cable and modifying a sort of a "nobby thing" with the steel casing that is situated around the cable to be attached in the original setting on the throttle. I took it easy not opening the throttle to much but the job was done perfectly and reached home safe and sound.

Thanks for the concern and stopping though.

:)

Soos altyd het Gerrit en Chantal weer ons stoutste verwagtinge vêr oortref en gesorg dat ons ’n heerlike wegbreek kon geniet.
Baie dankie julle twee, julle is vir ons van onskatbare waarde. :3some:

Ons eerste stop was by die Tankwa Padstal wat alweer dakhoogte staan. Die plek word nou groter gebou met ’n aparte kroeg.

Hier na is ek , Robin Brown en AntonW Katbakkies oor na die Oasis. Skaars op die Sederbergpad of ek raak weer begeesterd aan die jaag
en ek steek ’n paar manne verby voordat ’n papwiel my swaaiend tot stilstand dwing. Ai wat ’n pretbederwer, gelukkig stop AntonW en help my aan met verbale instruksies wat vinniger kom as wat ek kan werk. Anton baie dankie ou maat, sonder jou sou ek net daar moes kamp  :p Toe ek twee uur later by die Oasis stop was ek omtrent gedaan en vol olie-kolle.

Nou ja hier is so ’n paar foto's. Hoop jy is op een!

Attachments

• Spitbraai 2014 002.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 002.JPG
    228.8 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 003.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 003.JPG
    236 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 004.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 004.JPG
    425 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 005.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 005.JPG
    475 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 006.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 006.JPG
    422 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 001.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 001.JPG
    235.2 KB
nog

Attachments

• Spitbraai 2014 012.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 012.JPG
    233.1 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 011.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 011.JPG
    246.5 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 010.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 010.JPG
    276.5 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 009.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 009.JPG
    360.3 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 008.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 008.JPG
    416.1 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 007.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 007.JPG
    406.5 KB
En nog foto's

Attachments

• Spitbraai 2014 013.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 013.JPG
    239.9 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 014.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 014.JPG
    225.5 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 015.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 015.JPG
    176.6 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 016.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 016.JPG
    198.9 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 017.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 017.JPG
    363.6 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 018.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 018.JPG
    360.1 KB
Nog meer

Attachments

• Spitbraai 2014 019.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 019.JPG
    414.9 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 020.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 020.JPG
    425.2 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 021.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 021.JPG
    435.2 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 022.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 022.JPG
    473.6 KB
  • Spitbraai 2014 023.JPG
    Spitbraai 2014 023.JPG
    272.2 KB
Thanks Gerrit and Chantal,it was the best spit to date and I have never missed one yet. I rode up alone on Saturday morning and the ride up was awesome. Bumped into Morne950 and his missus in Citrusdal. We ended up riding most of the way,till just after Sandrift his bike just died .
We both thought it was fuel issues,not sure whether it was maybe bad fuel or the fuel pump. Checked fuel lines but then reckoned it was the pump.
I rode off ahead and luckily Cocky had just arrived at Oasis and his missus had come up in a bakkie. Ten minutes later he and Rommel were on route to do a recovery.
I chilled and chatted to all the folk there. The food and company was good. Pistonpete,AntonW and myself shared the cottage ,and between the three of us we made those two foot walls shudder through the night. AntonW gives snoring a whole new meaning with very creative sounds.
Rode back part of the way with Cocky,Rommel and Heimer,and a stretch with AntonW.

A very lekker overnighter and can't wait for the next one.

Oh and morne950 found the issue,pump was working but a problem getting constant power to it. Bypassed pump and gravity fed the carbs .