Okavango, Caprivi, Vic Falls ride, 20 Nov - 1 December

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the great report. :thumleft:
Did a similar trip with the 4x4 in July so it was nice seeing you photos

Thanks for all the pics, what a trip!

You guys covered some real mileage some days, not scared of 1200+ km on a day!

That was the thinking. Push hard first day and get worst part out the way and have more time for the good stuff. It's hard push but keeping to speed limits can be done in a day and we arrived feeling good. Break every 150km to stretch legs and cruise control is big help

Thank you for sharing! We are going to Botswana later this month (with the Land Cruiser) and will be visiting Nata, Maun, 3rd Bridge, Savuti and Kasane. Will also be going to Vic Falls so your photos made me look forward to the trip much more! It's going to be hot, but Africa is not for sissies  :dousing: . 

What a ride!
Distance is not an issue for you, made me realize how close we are to those places actually....

thanks. I am looking at a trip up there again in April / May and will take a bit more time to explore the Okavango flood plains with the bike as well as try find more off road route to get to Maun. Will see how many want to join on that trip. Will not go onto Caprivi but spend the time explore North West Bots.

uploading video on youtube but its taking its time. Will try edit down the rest of the videos down to make them shorter but this will give you idea of the dirt roads we explored. 2 x F800Gs, 1 x R1150GS and myself on a R1200GS

[youtube]https://youtu.be/F2UPRGq1WxI[/youtube]