Old Postal Route for Dummies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grappa

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
So the plan is, depending on the level of the Doring Rivier, to attempt this route around mid August solo. Having undertaken numerous excursions to the Cederberg and Tankwa Karoo, this section has always eluded me and remains on my bucket list of rides to do. The Doring Rivier crossing I've tackled before accompanied by riding mates, using either the Wildehond or a dry sandy crossing, so I'm well aware of what is in store. Having researched previous ride reports, I'm having difficulty locating the correct turn offs, either from the east or from the west. The idea is to base myself at the Cederberg Oasis, then tackle the difficult sandy sections first. I'm au fait with puncture repairs and basic maintenance should the need arise. I don't have a GPS and I'm not sure whether my phone's Google Maps works in these remote parts. Any help with a map of sorts of this route would be most appreciated.