On top of the world in the Baviaans..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Slow said:
Google Earth Coordinates as asked for.

lat=-33.6870715583, lon=25.1006790842

Hope it works.

Zoom in you can easily see the little cabin. :D

Amazing. That is seriously remote. From the looks of it on Google there are three "roads" to the cabin. Which one did you take? That drop of 800m in 4k's is about similar to the Elandspad drop into Die Hel (road is proibably much better, though). Moerse lekker pics.

btw don't be too snotty about LS's big bike. I seem to recall a time when my KLR lost traction on the rear wheel, I ended up on my arse and the 1200 was still churning it up. :p :p

Oppad said:
Captain Slow said:
Google Earth Coordinates as asked for.

lat=-33.6870715583, lon=25.1006790842

Hope it works.

Zoom in you can easily see the little cabin. :D

Amazing. That is seriously remote. From the looks of it on Google there are three "roads" to the cabin. Which one did you take? That drop of 800m in 4k's is about similar to the Elandspad drop into Die Hel (road is proibably much better, though). Moerse lekker pics.

btw don't be too snotty about LS's big bike. I seem to recall a time when my KLR lost traction on the rear wheel, I ended up on my arse and the 1200 was still churning it up. :p :p

I came up the road coming from the South. The other two runs on top of the mountain.

The road into the hell is like a highway compared to that track.

Ek joke net. Ek weet die GSA sal dit maak. :D

Using the coordinates given, some more detail regarding the cabin's remoteness.
Cabin.jpg

Cabin_closeup.jpg

Yip its very remote and nice. From the cabin you can't see any human intervention.