PE Sunday ride & encounters of a strange kind.... nope not talking about Bakkie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TornadoF5

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Well Bakkie and I were going to go alone for a ride he planned outside PE a route approx 280km's or so I wasn’t measuring, so nice quick morning out in the fresh air and home for the wives by 12:00!
Ok so I decided to invite one actually another 3 people, Dave on his 640, Kurt on his AT (with road tyres quite impressive... sure I would have fallen) and Quintus with his GS800
Throw in 1 kewl route 5 comedians and some bikes and the plot was set for a good day  :ricky:

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    142.4 KB
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    138 KB
  • Sunday Route.jpg
    Sunday Route.jpg
    147.1 KB
Guyz all arriving at some t-junction somehwere in the dirt a great day brilliant weather and our nuts are warm....

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    134.7 KB
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    143.9 KB
Kurt knew to look kewl he would have to ditch the AT and pose next to the pig.....

Attachments

• 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    139 KB
And in true fashion we had the 640 brigade of Bakkie and Dave who we will call "Footlong 4 short......"

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    142.3 KB
Quintus arriving after nearly being caught out on one of those "looks like it may go straight roads with a  suprise 90 deg turn...."  :mwink:

Guyz I'm ok look.....

Attachments

• 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    154.2 KB
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    156 KB
Then off to Canon Rocks via Woodycape beutiful scenic ride pity everyone was racing sorry didn't stop and take photos only Bakkie was stopped by some farm workers on a tractor for an emergency cigarette........

Of course we all know how much Bakkie loves a camera.......

Dave was right behind me when we arrived and went missing..... only to find out a little old lady drove into him. Fortunately he was ok and the bike was ok but the car came off 2nd best.

I try to take a picture of the 4 of us (Quintus had to leave) but couldn't get Kurt in as much as I tried. I reckon I should have used the flash   :biggrin:

Attachments

• 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    160.9 KB
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    121.3 KB
  • 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    139.6 KB
TornadoF5 said:
And in true fashion we had the 640 brigade of Bakkie and Dave who we will call "Footlong 4 short......"

Were you guys at that farmstall "Bosch something"  where they have 2 Ostriches
Saw some bikes there as we came past
there were about twenty of us on the way to Bathurst for breakfast

BMWPE said:
TornadoF5 said:

Yep that was us and Kurt was pretty taken with the ostriches beautiful long lashes  :imaposer:

BMWPE said:
TornadoF5 said:

why? maybe....  what did the ostrich say? it wasn't me!

So we proceed out of Alexandria on a dirt road to the Karel Landman monument where Kurt "Atlas" saves the world!!!!

Attachments

• 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    136 KB
  • 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    150.1 KB
Then off to Amakhala nature reserve where Bakkie said we gonna see some elephants. By this time we were all craving elephant steaks and Dave had the kershaw ready....  but what is that strange looking elephant strolling up our way....

Well lets put it this way everyone had 1 down 4 up and a reverse to the side....... So by this time after 4 bikes lined up abreast of the encounter of a different kind I'm saying guys just relax switch off the bikes and....... huh I look and suddently Dave peels off in a u-turn Kurt is swingingh the AT and Bakkie is trying to fin a gear.... well any gear.....

Attachments

• 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    137.7 KB
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    134.7 KB
TornadoF5 was a brave man and took some awesome pics... thanks Dude!!!!

Attachments

• 055a.jpg
    055a.jpg
    194.9 KB
So what the fark happened next brues? That 'animal' looks like sirias business aka the govermunt

hondsekierie said:
So what the fark happened next brues? That 'animal' looks like sirias business aka the govermunt

Well unfortunatly Quiton didn't make it................ :'(

he had to leave early to get home before 11 ;D

Now Dave is approx 5 km's up the road watching, Kurt is hiding behind a bush 2km's up the road and Bakkie comes up with a brilliant idea of me getting off my bike, taking off my gloves, taking out my camera all while he turns his bike around and postions it rear facing the rhino idling in first gear with one eye on the mirror (see attached pic) and the other on the throttle incase he forgets where it is when the rhino charges..... andf I must take a photo.

Lets not 4get I'm the one off the bike taking the photo... I'm a tree .... I'm a tree..... I'm a tree....

Well shortly after we see Dave making a brave return after the rhino just swung left only to piss it off and have it try charge a 640 KTM doing 160km/h...... Now it's pissed off and starts straring at me (yep I was back on the bike idling away) and thought well now I've played my nature lover and gave to cracks on the throttle from the pig with Matsumotto pipes and that made the message load and clear there was something more intimidating coming on!

Well that was our day out and a good ride was had by all with Kurt showing us how kak it is to try keep up on knobblies on the tar!

ThHE END

Attachments

• 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    148.8 KB
thanks guys for a lekker ride... had some good laughs  :biggrin:

Quinton, Dave, TornadoF5, Kurt - Thanks for a lekker ride  :thumleft:

I think Bakkie may have needed some rhino horn for that evening with the wife.......