Pilanesberg Breakfast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splash

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
A new ride for me. We (AdventureBoy and myself) started at around 7:30pm and managed to get to Manyana Gate at around 10:00pm, just in time for a late breakfast. The ride was relatively easy going through Magaliesburg onto  Breedsnek continuing past Buffelspoort dam and then through Marikana. A most enjoyable morning. We got back at around 2:00pm having covered 350km's. Will definately be doing this ride again. I did do some damage too my front rim on a storm water drain. Could kick myself for not slowing down, but too late now.

Attachments

• PilansBreakfast4.JPG
    PilansBreakfast4.JPG
    206.4 KB
  • PilansBreakfast5.JPG
    PilansBreakfast5.JPG
    168.7 KB
  • PilansBreeds11.JPG
    PilansBreeds11.JPG
    135.7 KB
  • PilansRiver6.JPG
    PilansRiver6.JPG
    112.2 KB
  • PilansRiver.JPG
    PilansRiver.JPG
    117.4 KB
Hopefully I will be able to join you next time round. Are you riding to Beestekraal this Sunday?

Frog said:
Hopefully I will be able to join you next time round. Are you riding to Beestekraal this Sunday?
That is the plan - another trip in that direction. Will do the canals and leave DeWildt for another day. Trying to find a good reason to buy a plastic bike and trailer and ... .

Splash, if you would like I can meet you at Muldersdrift somewhere and we can ride through to the meeting point together.

Frog said:
Splash, if you would like I can meet you at Muldersdrift somewhere and we can ride through to the meeting point together.
Agreed - how about Heuningklip Sasol 7:30am - giving us more than an hour to get to Hartebeespoort - should be able to make it by then! May go past Hartebeeshoek as a detour if we manage to leave early enough. Road should be safer for non-superbikes.

Perfect. Is the Heuningklip Sasol the one on Hendrick Potgieter cnr Pretoria Highway?

Nice one Splash, Pity i had to get my wife to the airport at 4pm. Just made it as the International flight was 30 minutes early? Next time when i do not have have time restrictions. ( Slow down for the storm water drain?) NO Splash take a handful of throttle and lift that Katooms front Wheel ;D ;D