Planned Ride for Sunday 7th April 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Good day all. Just want to find out if anyone would be interested or keen to join me on a nice ride this coming Saturday Sunday (6th 7th April)??

I have done a few mods to my bike in preparation for our planned trip to the Namibia Bash @ the end of this month & need to take the bike out for a nice long ride of "Gravel Travel" to test & check that everything works well. I was planning on doing the ride this past Monday.....but as things worked out with the work I've been busy with here on our house for the past while...... there was just no way I get to go for a ride.

I am more that willing to slot in with anyone else that might have another route/plan/options to ride......but here is an option that "Vlam" & I had worked on to do a ride. I have done most of this route before & it is always nice to do again......but like I said, if anyone has another suggestion.....feel free to speak your mind. The most important thing is that if you are free this Saturday & would like to join me.....then LETS RIDE :ricky: :ricky: :thumleft:

The route (see attached GPS Route) that I we had planned is just over 400km. We can meet @ the Winelands One Stop on the N1 say around 06h30 & plan to leave @ 07h00. We leave there along a couple of nice gravel roads towards the R44, almost coming out near the top end of Wellington. We then head north along some more really nice gravel roads towards the eastern side of Riebeek Kasteel where we head off towards Gouda. From there we head north again toward Porterville where we turn right just outside Porterville, past the Dasklip Pass & eventually coming out @ the N7. Cross over the N7 towards Eendekuil. Here we can grab something to chow or quickly head a little further up the Piekenieskloof Pass & stop @ Kardoesie on top of the Pass.

After that we head off through Eendekuil along the Kruismans River & then make our way towards Kapteinskloof Pass, where we end up @ the R399. From here I'd like to do a section that "Andy660" told me about a little while ago of a loop that brings us out back to the N7 a few km's above Moreesburg. From here we do another gravel loop towards Moreesburg & head off along another gravel road towards Darling & then back towards Durbanville. We can also cut out the section towards Darling & do another really nice gravel gravel loop which will bring us back towards Malmsbury & then back to Durbanville.

Well folks.....that is one suggestion from my side....but like I said feel free to give any other suggestions. It doesn't have to be as long, BUT as long as we can get out on our bikes, go for a really lekker ride & have a lot of fun doing what we all really love.

Soooooo, what say all you fellow WD's??....who wants to join me?? :ricky:

Attachments

• Proposed Bike Ride for Saturday (06 April 2013).gdb
    73.6 KB · Views: 42