Plottie Goes Priceless!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Adventure MX

Now, we recently read about Beemerman's priceless moment.  But as it happens, KTM riders seem to suffer the same symptoms of priceless moments.......

As Plottie is a good friend of mine, he made arrangements to come and put on new tyres on Saturday afternoon.  Now knowing Plottie which is a hands on guy he decided to remove his wheels on his own.  While I was organizing the new stock and getting the tyre machine ready, plottie proceeded to take of the front wheel and a decided I would do the rear wheel.

I assume everything is going well and we put on the new tyres until I see there is a problem with the front axle.  The front wheel nut doesn't want to turn into the axle and it seems the thread is damaged.  I immediately stop work and tell my friend he has damaged the thread on the axle, to which his reply was: Impossible, I have taken it off many times before and I know what I am doing.

So I reckon, Ok show me how you turn the nut in. Oh! and by the way if you don't get it right you have just become the customer and you have farked up your axle and at least you can't blame the workshop - Tjop!  Customers love blaming the workshop and here we have a classic customer screw up!.  Eventually he concedes that he has damaged the axle.

plottie1.jpg

Plottie looking a little bewildered!

plottie2.jpg

Well imagine my response:  :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

So the famous phrase comes out - "What Now?"

Plottie looking for some tools to fix the problem!

plottie3.jpg

So the gracious workshop owner lends a hand and cleans up the thread which takes about half an hour to do.  With some patience and expertise the situation is resolved with a new resolved confidence in a workshop and a friend.

Adventure MX deciding to finish off the rest of the work before we have another major problem!

plottie4.jpg

Letting Plottie feel what real tools can do!

plottie5.jpg

So what do we have here:

The customer is always right till he says he isn't

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: