Pongo Intro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pongo

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi all

Been a lurker for some time (know a few WDâ??s already) and enjoy the forum very much, especially the humour, wit, sincerity and the bashing of the innocent. Oh and the photos and ride reports are great.

What actually made me decide to come in from the cold is the rides down in the Cape â?? have been missing out long enough and do not ride dirt enough to justify the DS.

Iâ??m on the best side of 45 and got my first bike (Dakar) two years ago â??for commutingâ? â?? working in CT and staying in Durbanville. The wife and family had comments about midlife and crisis and other, I almost got a personal number plate MLC-WP. Nevertheless I have ever since been facing and dodging the traffic every weekday on the Dak, irrespective the weather. Does that disqualify me as BM â??lifestyleâ? whiz?. If not, the drop in stress levels (from sitting in traffic for almost two hours in a cage to 30 minutes flat on the scooter irrespective the time of day) more than makes up for that.

The kidsâ?? weekend programme permitting, I would love to join in a ride now and then. Laaitie turns 16 next year and I canâ??t wait to take him along. Have to get him a bike asap so I can get out more often! (The wife made it easier by commenting â??now youâ??ve started a culture in the family â?? you cannot deny your son a motorbikeâ?.)

Ja, will post a pic as soon as I figured out how.