Private bikes for hire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardy de Kock

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
I have a group of New Zealanders (around twenty) and one expat who asked me if I could put a tour together for them in South Africa and in Namibia.
These guys are interested in renting dual sport bikes (250 to 701) and therein lies the problem.
There are not many options available for this amount of bikes in the rental market.
I really don't want to tell these guys that it is not possible because of this small problem.

Is there any of the guys or girls on the forum that will consider renting a bike to these riders. It is early days and at this point I have no profile of any of the riders and I can therefor not comment on any individual's skill or mechanical simpathy level. I do however have an ex-Quest winner in this group and Charl will do his best to make me (us) aware of each riders capabilities / skills.

The tour will probably last for around two weeks and I will collect and deliver the bikes from the owners.
We will start to work on a standard legal agreement that can be used between the owners and the riders as soon as possible.
We have rented bikes for a while on our tours and in never had a problem with the agreement we have in place.
Comprehensive insurance will also be added to the rental fee.

It is early days as I mentioned but I do believe there will be a demand for this in the future too and this thread might be helpful.
Please post your name here if you will consider something like this. I have a conference call with the organiser on the NZ side and will have more info tomorrow.

Thanks.