Quarry Ride on Vote Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okes, thanks for pitching. what a lekker ride. big thanks to leftless for the lekker little loops. flip i'm tired now. got home, took my boot off and my calf muscle immediately went into the shape of a tennis ball with a horrible painful cramp that had me screaming like a girl  :eek7:

bonova said:
Wes - i got a good video of your fall.

so let's see it buddy  :deal:

malcom, etienne - it's a pleasure dudes, glad you enjoyed it  :thumleft:

Kamanya said:
EtienneNXR said:
So a HUGE thank you to you Andrew, now I know why the "Dark Side" has so many followers!

You're very welcome. Just doing my bit to convert the world.

Video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBrMEDpGDsc&client=mv-google&gl=GB&hl=en-GB

Nice video, love the sound of a twin in the morning!

wes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxkOWRn5gp4

kamanya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyx8-IMRKYA

bonova said:
my laugh of the day still goes to Marc (with a c) with his KTM stickers on his BMW enduro helmet (and bmw city pants and bmw ralley jacket) - --  :imaposer:  - legend.
making it VERY clear (3 stickers on the helmet not so?) that branding is NNNB  :imaposer:
Think i'm gonna get some KTM jocks and a KTM sticker for my x-challenge - maybe then i can ride like kamanya  :biggrin:  :ricky:  It would deffinately give my bike better suspension either way!!

:imaposer: very funny but thats some expensive kit and its really good so i dont feel to embarrassed. Made the KTM stickers myself  :biggrin: 

bonova said:
me neither.
Oh, kamanya - what year is your bike? and mileage? and how much was that tank?   

2004, 40K Km's. Still fresh as a daisey!

https://www.rvaqualine.com.au/page.php?sId=3

Landed here about R14K with shipping, taxes and duty.

"Eating my heart out" as I type  :biggrin:  nice one there Kamanya.

Wes what can I say.......... :biggrin: still up to your old tricks hey  ;)

the videos are really good  :thumleft:

Ai, sorry I couldn't make it.   :(  Nice pics and vids.  Thanks.  :thumleft: The quarry always delivers!

Sid and I were there on Sunday with a friend on a CRF450R.  What a bike for the quarry!  :ricky: Absolutely unstoppable and great fun!  What surprised me was how forgiving the suspension is.  Even if you get it a bit wrong it will sort itself out.  I'd never ridden a bike like this before, but now I understand how it is possible to ride MX and not kill yourself.

It was quite wet on Sunday and there was some seriously slippery stuff up at the little playground, the old MX track.  And of course, when the knobblies get gummed up with wet clay it's another story!  :eek:

:eek7:  kamanya - that is a flippin brilliant the vid!!!  bike looks so cool

u guys really play hard @ the quarry & have so much fun - gr8 man

michiel ur pic's r outstanding as always ;)

Black Thunder said:
bonova said:
my laugh of the day still goes to Marc (with a c) with his KTM stickers on his BMW enduro helmet (and bmw city pants and bmw ralley jacket) - --  :imaposer:  - legend.
making it VERY clear (3 stickers on the helmet not so?) that branding is NNNB  :imaposer:
Think i'm gonna get some KTM jocks and a KTM sticker for my x-challenge - maybe then i can ride like kamanya  :biggrin:  :ricky:  It would deffinately give my bike better suspension either way!!

:imaposer: very funny but thats some expensive kit and its really good so i dont feel to embarrassed. Made the KTM stickers myself  :biggrin: 

Agreed - that is really good kit. I'd also be riding with my gear (bmw) still if i changed bikes.
The stickers look pretty authentic too  :thumleft:

Kamanya, nice vid  :thumleft:

Did you respray your bikes plastics or is it vinyl? look very cool  :mwink:

Bakkie said:

it's the "natural" colour of his big tanks. they were silver, but the paint didn't last. or something - kamanya can explain better  :pot:

Bakkie said:

Original =

95286377_aLFbT-L.jpg

+ Branch across road + Rock + Fall =

384304691_9S7yC-L.jpg

$$$$ + Insurance + Aqualine =

451306005_5PR6b-L.jpg

More $$$$$ plus paint =

465966050_9dzPR-L.jpg

One week + Non-paint-adhesive-plastic-because-they-“breathe”-tanks =

487174096_TSD9A-L.jpg

See?

jeepers, is anyone else stiff today?
OK, i did go on to ride till 17h00, and i haven't ridden for a few weeks, but hell, i can hardly move today.
Tried to carry an old ladies cat basket to her car and almost dropped it.... ok, the cat was fat  :biggrin:

shark - looking at the video, in retrospect, had i reacted quicker - yeah, you're probably right

i need knobblies - i lost it on the clay, was going well until then

kamanya - flying tanker, i like it!!!!

bonova - shot for the vid.

and yes, i am in sufficient amounts of pain today  :thumleft:

Latest posts