Question on Tubes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdventureBoy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I am hoping that some forum members will be able to offer some input. When my Africa Twin needed new tyres I took the opportunity to fit heavy duty tubes. After doing a combination of off road and tar riding, my tyre was about 60% worn (Karoo 3) I wanted to go out and found the back tyre flat. I took the wheel out and took it to a dealer who replaced the tube with another heavy duty one. The source of the leak was where the valve has been bonded to the tube, it had started to lift. I tries fixing this with a few patches but without any success. On Friday I wanted to use the bike again and I had another flat tyre. It turns out I had a hole in the tube, but I also noticed that the valve was lifting where it had been bonded. It was not leaking from this, but I think it is only a matter of time before it would have started leaking.

Has anybody experienced this kind of failure with heavy duty tyres or an I just unlucky?

I look forward to some input.