Quick ride around PTA east with my eldest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OomD

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
After having written off his CBR a few weeks ago (red light jumper, say no more) my son got himself a F800GS, and has not stopped smiling since. So Sunday, as Swambo was on call and couldn't join in a breakfast ride we decided to try some dirt around PTA east. His first time offroad with such a beast, it has slightly more power than my youngest's 125 we played with previously.

So we took in some nice gravel at Tierpoort, got the feel of the bike and then headed towards donkerhoek looking for gravel. We found some gravel, yes, a few patches that was filled up with loose gravel than makes you snake around like you're in loose sand! Not the nicest of first offroad experiences, and I myself on the LC still being a noob! Had a watercrossing, a few smallish ruts and lost the way a bit.

Was fun, nonethelss, we did about 90 odd km's and eventually found our way back home. A good morning outing indeed. :ricky:

Did not take too many photos, mainly enjoyed being out there with my son.

Here's to many more offroad rides!

Attachments

• OR1.jpg
    OR1.jpg
    209.8 KB
  • OR2.jpg
    OR2.jpg
    241.6 KB
  • OR3.jpg
    OR3.jpg
    242.9 KB
  • OR4.jpg