RESPECT!! - Soon to be Wild Dog Girl...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
After being Pillion on a few trips Marique decided that she would like to have her own bike so we can do trips together in the near future.  I decided to get Andy950â??s Djebel for the Saturday and Sunday this past weekend and get her trained on all the basics. 

We went  the new development at the end of Sunningdale where we found a nice stretch of tar and a few traffic circles. Ok Great!! Let the training begin..
1st Safety,  â?¦checkâ?¦â?¦  :deal:showed her al the controls againâ?¦..checkâ?¦., :deal: what to do from step oneâ?¦. Checkâ?¦ :deal:
Ok, and now slowly pull away and from here you are on your ownâ?¦ :eek: :eek:

I was amazed by how quick she picked up everything , the first few starts were a bit jerky, (she never even stalled the bikeâ?¦.)and changing of gears  was smoothâ?¦.. she went around the track for a few times, had to stop before the line every time and pull away smooth.  Some action pics...

Then she started with the controls, indicators as she goes into the traffic circle and so onâ?¦.

Well Done Girl!! You're really amazingâ?¦ I think you deserve a cold hunters in this heat!!

The "steed" waiting eagerly...

She started exploring Sinningdale on her, dodging dogz and crazy SUV driversâ?¦. :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:
Then she wanted me to be the Pillion so she can show me the road she is using for her trainingâ?¦ (one thing she said I remember: â??and there is a little gravel road too!!â?)  :-\ :-\â?¦ so me on the backâ?¦. A bit scared :eek: :eek:â?¦soon found myself relaxed  8) and could see sheâ??s a naturalâ?¦ after a few rounds I got off and she carried on againâ?¦ :ricky: :ricky:
After a while she was getting a bit bored with the tar and to my shock said:.. â?? I want to travel on Gravelâ? was the words if I remember correctly. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, I am not going to stop her â?? the quicker you trust yourself on gravel the better!! We went off in search of a nice â??hardâ? gravel roadâ?¦ well we found one but it had a few patches of â??niceâ? sand monsters..( I think most of you know the road going along the Power line there in Sunningdaleâ?¦.Need I say more??)
She turned to me and said: â??I can do it, teach me how to drive in this sandâ?¦.â? Showed her the basics, and off she went! Still going a bit slow and all over the road but she managed it perfect!! Respect for not giving up!!
After about an hour of pure fun for her she stopped and lost her balance a bit and the bike went down, showed her the best way of picking up the bike, this happened 3 times and I only helped her onceâ?¦
Some pics on the gravel...

I could see she was getting a bit tired and told her to do one more lap and then we can go homeâ?¦But she was getting a bit wild by nowâ?¦  >:D >:D
Then it happened!!  She got a bit confused with the brakes and feet tried to stopâ?¦. And she went down  :eek: :eek:â?¦â?¦ she got up and waved at me â?¦. My heart stopped â?¦. When I got to her she was as white as paperâ?¦ â??my wrist, my wristâ?¦â?
AAAAAI, ok â?? Dokter toe, GOU!
Took some X-rays and true as bob, fractured left bone just before the wrist (dunno what you call that bone. ??? ???.) left arm in Plaster for SIX weeksâ?¦.. Sorry Girl!! We should have gone home when you said soâ?¦. :-\ :-\ ;)
I thought this was it and sheâ??s never gonna be on the bike again, BUT this â??tawwe koekieâ? was planning her next training session already and how she will apply everything  that she have learnedâ?¦.
Although she is a fashion designer and busy with her grade 5 in Piano lessons and basically rely on her hands.... she still sees this bike related injury as a good thing (almost like a medal for and extreme sport injuryâ?¦. )

Soon all you WDâ??s will see a new born female Wild dogâ?¦â?¦ bad to the Boneâ?¦.. :mwink: :mwink:

Can't wait for her next adventure....Greetings...

Go for it lady & heal fast ne...the Alto is good for healing properties! :thumleft:

Well done indeed and RESPECT girl!!!! Sorry about the wrist though - but I'm sure we will see you out there soon! :thumleft:

Lekker Scrat, jy sal moet begin plek maak in die garage, of sy moet sommer die Husky leen :)

Snafu said:
Lekker Scrat, jy sal moet begin plek maak in die garage, of sy moet sommer die Husky leen :)

Husky is weg, so nou maak ek plek vir GS650.... goeie motivation...  :biggrin:  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Huge Respect.
:thumleft:

Well done, and hope she heals quickly.

So, what's her WD name? Scratess? MsScrat?
;D

agge nooooo,,,one minute im reading and getting this warm fuzzy feeling,,,

and then the next she's cuddling a alto wine and broken wrist????

drink and drive or is that what the doctor ordered???

Eina.
Get right back on that bike as soon as you are sorted.

Heal well !

G    :eek:
Respek daarso, weet hoe dit voel om jou girl te leer bike ry.
Gelukkig het ek nog nie nodig gehad om die hospitaal te besoek nie!
Die AT so klein bietjie groot vir haar so sy vat dit gelukkig rustig. Ek soek juis iets kleiner waarmee ek haar kan leer.

Stuur groete daar vir jou beter helfte, se sy moet gou weer terug klim op die uhhm perd?    :ricky:

Very impressed with Marique. She has the right attitude and still came back smiling even with a broken arm.

The Djebel is waiting for her speedy recovery.

Hope you get better soon, wish my wife wants to ride, i'll buy her a bike tomorrow

Excellentâ?¦  :thumleft: Nothing beats riding together  ;)

Hope you heal well and get riding soonâ?¦. Respect  :headbang:

Hang in there and get well soon.

Well done for going for it full out.  :thumleft:

Sorry about the injury, but very well done.

And yes do get back on the bike as soon as that wrist is healed, remeber it only get better !!! :thumleft: